Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

21 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Reed easily the most impressed I've been with WR blocking. Not that Wicks doesnt get after it too, but Reed's size doesnt lend itself to ABSOLUTE DAWG. Reed enjoys that **** though.

They all block.  It's what they do.

Not disagreeing with your assessment of Reed.

Am saying I'm impressed with all of them in how they play for each other.

Heath has had some pretty memorable blocks, too.

• Like 1

No matter what their stature, It's clear we like guys with some toughness and definitely preach it in the WR room.  These guys are so young but are already playing for each other and if we add another home run threat at RB, it could be a lot of fun.

56 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Did we lose this year being 7+ point underdogs?  Seems like we are probably 3-0?  

Lions on Thanksgiving, Cowboys wild card, what's the 3rd?

were we 7 point underdogs at home to the Chiefs?

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Football isn't classy, you don't get a trophy for that.

It's the playoffs, if you're a DL and you're in a gray area situation where it may or may not be roughing depending on the crew, you pop the QB good and accept the flag if it comes. His comments never referred to trying to hurt Purdy. San Fran has been the more physical football team when we meet by a large margin for a decade+ now. I would love nothing more than our front 7 and OL foaming at the mouth trying to change that.

I disagree.  Precisely because it is a game that gives you a shot on your opponent on almost every play, there has to be a code.  Playing to the whistle or the "echo of the whistle" doesn't break that code but intentionally taking a penalty on a late hit to shake up the QB does and that was what Chmura was talking about.  A team will always want to be the most physical and definitely that has been the 9ers identity.  There are plenty of chances to dominate the opponent within the rules of the game and play with honor.  If not, both teams can tee off on the QB and if it takes out the QB, the ends justify the means even if there is an ejection or fine.  The game has come a long way from when Charles Martin was playing disgracefully and hopefully even from when Sapp blindsided Clifton which was not a penalty but was dishonorable.

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

They all block.  It's what they do.

Not disagreeing with your assessment of Reed.

Am saying I'm impressed with all of them in how they play for each other.

Heath has had some pretty memorable blocks, too.

Its just how far he's come since the preseason. from "Well, lets not ask Reed to do that kind of assignment" to, "alright get after those dudes."

7 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Lions on Thanksgiving, Cowboys wild card, what's the 3rd?

were we 7 point underdogs at home to the Chiefs?

I am assuming we were, but I’m too lazy to look it up. 

ETA: Ok it was easier than I thought, we were only 5.5 point dogs. 

Edited by mikebpackfan

Not sure if this has been posted, but the 3 other teams in the NFC playoffs have ended the Packers season the last 3 years.  Some new faces on those teams but its interesting.

Edited by NFLGURU

I don't care what the statistics say, what the media says, or what the tape says.

I don't believe in Brock Purdy. I saw this man play at Iowa State and he sucked.

Most of the offense wasn't even around for the 2021 game much less the repeated Rodgers failures.

They aren't scared of SF and they shouldn't be. Packers roll.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Just passing this along, concerning OJ since he was mentioned.

My wife loves watching those tv shows that are documentaries about horrific killings.

She watched one and there was a guy on there who said that he was in prison with someone (who has since died) and that person told him (boasted actually) that OJ paid him to murder Nicole Brown Simpson.  OJ went back to reclaim some expensive jewelry he gave her and that is how he was tied to the murder scene.

File that in the old conspiracy theory file.  But my wife was all into that documentary.  This was like 7-8 years ago.

No idea if it is actually true, just throwing that out there.

OJ was guiltier than ****