Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

Gotta cook up the same formula again here

Offense has to be sharp and come out fast with points early, and the defense will need to force at least one turnover that hopefully leads to points. Gotta keep the pressure on the team everyone expects to win and the one who has had nothing but SB expectations for months into the season.

GB traveling from GB to DAL to GB to SF in a short week. 

And completely different weather conditions.

It’s the game of big boys(OL & DL), because I feel these are the 2 groups that struggle with contrasting conditions generally. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Baltimore rattled Purdy with quick pressure up the middle. Kenny, Wyatt and Brooks like to win on pass rushes for us to have a chance. 

The BAL game is a double edge sword b/c now SF can account for that weakness they didn't know they had.

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The BAL game is a double edge sword b/c now SF can account for that weakness they didn't know they had.

I think they knew they had it, it's just that few teams could exploit it. The Ravens two ILBers were really good at getting to the EDGE and stopping McCaffrey. 

On offense they did a lot of the things we did to Dallas last night. I do feel like if we block the 49ers pass rush Love will torch their secondary. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think they knew they had it, it's just that few teams could exploit it. The Ravens two ILBers were really good at getting to the EDGE and stopping McCaffrey. 

How well GB can replicate this will probably decide the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Worse OL for sure but please elaborate on what you mean by "just the lions with shiner toys". Deebo aiyuk kittle CMC is the best set of weapons in the league. Three 1k yard players and one 2k yard player. It had not been done since Peyton and the colts. 

Purdy is better than Goff lol 

Seems like you are basing a lot of your opinion on the ravens game. Purdy typically handles pressure very well. It is actually one of the best parts of his game. The ravens game was the exception to that rule. We lost like 4 OL in that game against the best front 7 in football and it snowballed on us. Packers front 7 is nothing like the ravens. 

If your plan is to be blitz heavy, good luck. 

The niners have two good to great corners. Safety is where we are a bit thin right now without hufanga. Demodore Lenoir has been terrific for us and he goes into the slot in the nickel. Ambry Thomas plays the boundary in the nickel and he is very streaky. Charvarious Ward probably should have been 1st team all pro.

Overall it is a good secondary but you can catch them in certain looks. We've gotten killed on the slot fade in man coverage a few times this year. 

The pass rush hasn't been that great this year. It has been a lot better in the 2nd half though. 

Niners get arik armstead back, which is huge. The run d has been bad without him. You can run up the middle on us because our DTs arent space eaters. We lack a good run stuffing NT with a good anchor. 

I would bet lefleur takes the ball first again. The niners have scored on their first possession of the game in every single game they won this year. 

BOL to you guys and girls. Another Saturday night playoff game! 

Being called shinier than Gibbs, ARSB, LaPorta is not an insult. That's a top 5 trio in the league this year and moving forward. No QB plays better under pressure vs clean pocket, regardless if his under pressure stats are good, your QB wants a clean pocket. We'll be picked apart if we give him one.

Ward is very good, but I trust we can beat the other members of your secondary if we can block your front. That's obviously the biggest challenge any team has facing the Niners and it's been that way for years. We're an outside zone/split zone team, you won't be hurt by the lack of run stuffers as your LBs are elite at flowing to the ball. LaFleur will need to be in his bag at an elite level for us to win this one. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're an outside zone/split zone team, you won't be hurt by the lack of run stuffers as your LBs are elite at flowing to the ball. LaFleur will need to be in his bag at an elite level for us to win this one. 

This is the biggest hurdle to overcome IMO.  SF has the pieces to shut Jones down, and that is a big problem for GB.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Man no respect.  Can't believe that line.  Thought it would be around 5 or so.  Now we have to beat them. 

I expected it to be similar to the DAL line.  In the end it doesn't matter.  If you are a betting man who believes in GB, just take the extra points and be happy.

SF gets a week of rest.  GB is coming off a road game and then travels west on short rest.  Those are not easy to overcome.

Going to be a tough test vs a dam good team.  SF had issues in protection un their losses.  Williams was out during the mid-season 3 game losin streak, then the Baltimore d got pressure inside and got Purdy rattled.  GB DL needs to play a monster game.