Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon suffers tear in meniscus, out for season

pwny

Already suspended for four games, the second year running back has hit another setback, as he potentially stands to miss some significant time in training camp, amongst a potentially crowded backfield.

Nothing seems to be going right in relation to Dixon.  Even if it's "just a trim" that's a 4+ week  rehab before he has a chance to compete in TC - by which time he'll be well behind the curve.  Add in the 4 game suspension, and it's not looking good for his prospects to lock up the starting role.

At this rate, it would not surprise me to see the Ravens draft a RB fairly highly in 2018

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

Nothing seems to be going right in relation to Dixon.  Even if it's "just a trim" that's a 4+ week  rehab before he has a chance to compete in TC - by which time he'll be well behind the curve.  Add in the 4 game suspension, and it's not looking good for his prospects to lock up the starting role.

At this rate, it would not surprise me to see the Ravens draft a RB fairly highly in 2018

Wouldn't be surprised if they target Barkley or Guice.

Tough luck for Dixon. Hopefully this doesn't set him back too far.

Training camp hasn't even started yet and we've already lost two important contributors and really promising 2nd year players for the season - Tavon Young and Kenneth Dixon. That's on top of our offseason starting with us losing an All-Pro inside linebacker to a supposedly career-ending injury in Zach Orr.

Suppose all of the exciting offseason additions can't get in the way that our injury record is always always going to be terrible. 

Yeah tough luck. They really didn't have a standout RB but Dixon certainly had the most upside among the contenders. Will they have to wait until his suspension is served before they put him on IR and will they make it designated to return since there will be a handful or so games to play once he is able to return?

3 hours ago, Cheesehead430 said:

So does he still have to serve his 4 game suspension when he gets back from his injury???

They can keep him on the active roster the serve his suspension, them IR him. I think.

On 7/26/2017 at 2:08 PM, domepatrol91 said:

They can keep him on the active roster the serve his suspension, them IR him. I think.

He doesn't even need to be on the active roster:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1279780

https://www.hogshaven.com/2015/11/16/9746572/junior-galette-suspended-two-games-by-nfl-will-serve-while-on-ir

Archived