Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

#Commanders safety Kamren Curl's projected market value, per Spotrac:

- $15.38 million per season
- 4-year, $61.55 million deal
- No. 6 among strong safeties

He's a good/ steady player but not a game changer. 1 F F and 3 interceptions in his Career .. and all those long plays/ TDs we gave up and he was back there in coverage. I'm not paying him that much. We'll have to see how his Market $$ value shakes out.

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

No way I'm paying him that. 

32 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It's almost like there was a poster who foresaw this...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Scheme-not players necessarily . 

As much as everyone hated Del Rio?  As much as we struggled with it pre-Richard Rodgers?  

He’s the one coach I want to keep.  You look at the work he did with Curl, Forrest and Reeves…………….miles beyond anything coaches have gotten out of our safeties for at least a decade, probably more.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As much as everyone hated Del Rio?  As much as we struggled with it pre-Richard Rodgers?  

He’s the one coach I want to keep.  You look at the work he did with Curl, Forrest and Reeves…………….miles beyond anything coaches have gotten out of our safeties for at least a decade, probably more.  

I meant the reason we could never cover T E s.. Bad D C s

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

That's a no doubter. Curl covers TEs better than any SS/LB we've had since Laron Landry, and maybe since Sean Taylor. I've said it repeatedly that the reason TEs don't kill our D anymore is bc of Curl. 

On top of that Curl plays the run like a LB, he takes on guards who outweigh him by 110-120 pounds & he can call the D. Our D actually performed better in 2021 when Kam was calling the D & not Holcomb. The communication was better on the back end in the 2nd half of 2021 etc. There’s an argument to be made that Curl should be calling our D if re-signed for a long as he's on our D.

13 hours ago, offbyone said:

This Curl discussion is the biggest challenge for the new staff.  They need to evaluate who to keep and the challenge is evaluating if the poor player is on the players or the coaches or both.  

Creating holes for the sake of creating holes is just silly to me. You have a young player who developed that you found in the 7th round. Just pay him his market value. Obviously if he goes bonkers and wants something absurd then I get it but if its market value then I don't see the big issue? I have no clue why the fans of this team think you can just never pay anyone? Almost every time we have some young guy up to be paid this fan base acts like the money is coming out of their pocket. Curl is just far too good to let walk in my opinion and I hate the idea that he can't create turnovers when he did it fairly well as a rookie. He and Fuller are basically the only guys that we have to pay and we're going to have between $78M-$90M based on cuts and restructures. Just get it done.

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Creating holes for the sake of creating holes is just silly to me. You have a young player who developed that you found in the 7th round. Just pay him his market value. Obviously if he goes bonkers and wants something absurd then I get it but if its market value then I don't see the big issue? I have no clue why the fans of this team think you can just never pay anyone? Almost every time we have some young guy up to be paid this fan base acts like the money is coming out of their pocket. Curl is just far too good to let walk in my opinion and I hate the idea that he can't create turnovers when he did it fairly well as a rookie. He and Fuller are basically the only guys that we have to pay and we're going to have between $78M-$90M based on cuts and restructures. Just get it done.

It’s also something to be said that you are willing to pay guys like that, especially when you aren’t a team in the upper echelons of the NFL.  

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s also something to be said that you are willing to pay guys like that, especially when you aren’t a team in the upper echelons of the NFL.  

I like taking care of players like Curl. Curl does everything asked of him. He's a core guy and he's probably been our best defensive player outside of Payne or Allen since his rookie season. His dad is annoying and I hope that doesn't become an issue but honestly I'd take care of him and Cosmi now. If Cosmi continues his ascent he's only going to get more and more expensive. So for me, take this cap space and get your few good young players under long-term deals. 

• Like 1