Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'd prefer Stephon Gilmore, TBH. 

If not Gilmore, give me Xavien Howard. 

Oh for sure. I was more thinking for slot CB though. So, why not both? I don’t think Lewis is going to be too expensive & like I said he’d be a good slot addition. Then sign one of the other two for the outside.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taylor made said:

LT DJ Humphries just released by the Cardinals. Played under Kliff Kingsbury. I would think we would have interest

I read he tore his acl late last year and might miss this entire season 

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree. Presumably we’re going OT at #2. After that I think it’s a definite we should take an OT with one of our 2nd round picks who may start right away at either OT spot.

I think you meant QB. And I agree

BTW - I'm sure you guys covered this already but this situation we're in with all this cap space, the #2 pick and 5 picks inside the top 100 picks should make it VERY easy to assess just how good Peters is as a GM. It's not like the previous administration hamstrung him with being under the cap (thereby forcing him to cut players he wanted to keep) or we finished with late 1st (or no 1st) round pick.

With all of this, we should be able to "evaluate the evaluator" much easier.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - I'm sure you guys covered this already but this situation we're in with all this cap space, the #2 pick and 5 picks inside the top 100 picks should make it VERY easy to assess just how good Peters is as a GM. It's not like the previous administration hamstrung him with being under the cap (thereby forcing him to cut players he wanted to keep) or we finished with late 1st (or no 1st) round pick.

With all of this, we should be able to "evaluate the evaluator" much easier.

Good point. I like that we’re adding multiple guys and not just overpaying for a few guys the way we used under Snyder.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Good point. I like that we’re adding multiple guys and not just overpaying for a few guys the way we used under Snyder.

Fairly team friendly deals that are max 3 years so that we can get out of them in 2 without too much issue. We're actually being smart for once

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I read he tore his acl late last year and might miss this entire season 

Late December tear right? As long as there are no set backs, I could see him being put on PUP & being ready in mid-October.  I’d be shocked if he’d miss an entire season, unless there are setbacks/other issues with the knee.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Fairly team friendly deals that are max 3 years so that we can get out of them in 2 without too much issue. We're actually being smart for once

Well I have to say, that’s similar to what Rivera & company did, Rivera just signed the wrong guys.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well I have to say, that’s similar to what Rivera & company did, Rivera just signed the wrong guys.

Yeah, true. we're signing guys who are (mostly) in their prime and are good rather than washed up has-beens and guys who either didn't fit the scheme or just weren't any good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, true. we're signing guys who are (mostly) in their prime and are good rather than washed up has-beens and guys who either didn't fit the scheme or just weren't any good.

Well also Rivera did this, he just signed washed Panthers or certain Panthers who were clearly back ups. Then, he mostly did bottom bargain shopping in FA & relied a lot on the young guys he drafted except on DL which he inherited except for Chase, but even with Chase, Rivera did inherit the #2 pick.

It’s pretty damn Clear that Peters & Quinn are building a better and deeper roster & it’s still super early.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m all for that. I’d like to sign Tyron Smith as a place holder though while we draft an OT in R2 who can develop behind Smith for a year & maybe start at RT making Wylie expendable. 

I’d like to re-sign Lucas too, I could go either way on it. Plus the Cardinals just cut DJ Humphries who’s coming off a torn ACL but he played for Kingsbury in Az & shouldn’t be too expensive on a prove it deal.

Tyron Smith will not be a placeholder at the contract he will sign.  I would bet he will sign something like a 4 year deal with 25M/year with 70 guaranteed.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

Tyron Smith will not be a placeholder at the contract he will sign.  I would bet he will sign something like a 4 year deal with 25M/year with 70 guaranteed.

He’s 33 with a significant injury history. We’re not talking about Trent Williams here who was mostly healthy his entire career.

If it’s going to cost that for the oft-injuried Tyron Smith than I’d rather re-sign Lucas or someone like that & draft an OT to compete with that guy & Wylie at RT to start.