Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Ben Standig

Former Commanders S Kam Curl is signing with the Rams. Two-year deal worth up to $13 million, source confirms.

He priced himself out of a return and by the time he realized his value we had already moved on.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree. I personally would’ve held onto Sam but this is almost like they’re simply moving on from the whole roster. It’s weird. 

The roster is worse than the one Rivera inherited, so I 100% get that.  

This is a tear down similar to baseball in a sense, but with the added 1-2 year deals for vets so it’s not a complete tear down like what happens there.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Standig

Former Commanders S Kam Curl is signing with the Rams. Two-year deal worth up to $13 million, source confirms.

He priced himself out of a return and by the time he realized his value we had already moved on.

Still think they could have found room on the roster for him even after Chin.  I don’t think this new coaching staff thinks he fits with what they want to do, and if that’s the case, I am OK with that.  No need to force a square peg into a round hole :cough William Jackson III cough: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Standig

Rams are getting a good player at a decent price (almost a steal IMO).

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t want to hear how Fuller doesn’t line up with our timeline because we’ve signed a few older guys as well. 

Bro it was the other way around. HE wanted to compete for a championship. That ain't happening any time soon here. If he had gone to somewhere like Carolina I think we could complain, but Miami is a legit contender.

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree. I personally would’ve held onto Sam but this is almost like they’re simply moving on from the whole roster. It’s weird. 

I have been adamant that the roster is pretty bad. I'm not upset that they want to turn over the roster. 

I am pretty emotial about certain decisions but I think the off season has yielded really positive results and Marcus Mariota. 

We had some really big needs heading into the offseason and they weren't going to be able to fill all of them in the draft. The players they signed should be able to start or provide solid depth and we won't force too many rookies into significant playing time right away. 

• Like 1

Love it!

There should be another movie made.

"The Purge - Commanders Style"

Wipe the slate clean & start over.

-RPO System Operation will be complete in 41 days - in robot voice 🤖

-Security Defense Application will be complete in 41 days. - in robot voice  🤖

Keep it coming Peters!

22 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I have been adamant that the roster is pretty bad. I'm not upset that they want to turn over the roster. 

I am pretty emotial about certain decisions but I think the off season has yielded really positive results and Marcus Mariota. 

We had some really big needs heading into the offseason and they weren't going to be able to fill all of them in the draft. The players they signed should be able to start or provide solid depth and we won't force too many rookies into significant playing time right away. 

Having a bad roster does not mean every player is bad though. Curl was a better player than Chinn at this point. I don't even think that's debatable. Fuller, I guess he wanted to go but we literally have nobody anywhere as close to as good as he is. Samuel I'm indifferent as I think we just horribly misused him but I also don't think he's anything special. I'm happy we're making moves and in two years I won't even remember the guys that left the team were ever there but right now its frustrating. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Having a bad roster does not mean every player is bad though. Curl was a better player than Chinn at this point. I don't even think that's debatable. Fuller, I guess he wanted to go but we literally have nobody anywhere as close to as good as he is. Samuel I'm indifferent as I think we just horribly misused him but I also don't think he's anything special. I'm happy we're making moves and in two years I won't even remember the guys that left the team were ever there but right now its frustrating. 

I can understand your thinking. 

In Curls case, I think he thought he was worth more than he was. I wanted him to be resigned, I even would have paid significantly more than he got for more years, but his market didn't indicate that. I don't know what we offered him, if anything at all. 

I also think Kendall Fuller isn't a CB1 but id take him 10/10 times over BSJ. Speaking of Benjamin St. Juste I hope we get rid of BSJ in short order. He sucks. IMO the whole CB room should be revamped. Signing Xavien Howard and Stephon Gilmore would make me happy.

Samuel was overtaken by Dotson quickly and never reclaimed his spot. We need a tall receiver still. Mike Williams could be an option, but I'd rather draft Keon Coleman or Adonai Mitchell.

Either way, this roster is improving and is arguably better in year 1 of Dan Quinn than in year 4 of Ron Rivera.

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Samuel was overtaken by Dotson quickly and never reclaimed his spot.

In 2022 maybe, but I don't think so in 2023 - and I am not a Samuel guy.

I don't disagree with anything you said about a bigger receiver, but I just want one early. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If you read between the lines of what we haven't done in FA, then QB, OT and WR will be likely early targets in the draft. I still think DE is in play too. So is CB. 

I think you almost have to move up to get one of these tackles. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think you almost have to move up to get one of these tackles. 

I still think are about 8-10 day 1 starters at Tackle in this draft. Unfortunately only 4 of them are true LT quality IMO. 

Joe Alt, Olu Fashanu, Amarius Mims and Jordan Morgan. All of them should go in the 1st round IMO. I think at least 7 tackles go in round 1. 

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still think are about 8-10 day 1 starters at Tackle in this draft. Unfortunately only 4 of them are true LT quality IMO. 

Joe Alt, Olu Fashanu, Amarius Mims and Jordan Morgan. All of them should go in the 1st round IMO. I think at least 7 tackles go in round 1. 

I'm happy we have the resources needed to move up and get one if we want. Same with Bowers if he tumbles. 

20 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

LT for me it’s just Alt and Fashanu. Don’t really care for J. Morgan and A. Sims plays RT, maybe he can transition.