Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

LT for me it’s just Alt and Fashanu. Don’t really care for J. Morgan and A. Sims plays RT, maybe he can transition. 

Mims definitely can be a LT.

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

LT for me it’s just Alt and Fashanu. Don’t really care for J. Morgan and A. Sims plays RT, maybe he can transition. 

Lucky for us we need both lol

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Standig

Former Commanders S Kam Curl is signing with the Rams. Two-year deal worth up to $13 million, source confirms.

He priced himself out of a return and by the time he realized his value we had already moved on.

Really bummed about this one particularly at that price point.  It would be one thing if we got Chinn for a couple years, but I would have much rather kept Curl and certainly want long term deals rather than one year rentals.

Definitely surprised by how cheap he went for.  I would have happily paid more for a longer contract.  

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

Really bummed about this one particularly at that price point.  It would be one thing if we got Chinn for a couple years, but I would have much rather kept Curl and certainly want long term deals rather than one year rentals.

Definitely surprised by how cheap he went for.  I would have happily paid more for a longer contract.  

Like we've said , we OVERvalue our players. Let the Rams lead the lead in explosive plays allowed. 

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Like we've said , we OVERvalue our players. Let the Rams lead the lead in explosive plays allowed. 

Are they taking Kendall Fuller, BSJ and Emmanuel Forbes too? 

I joke, but Kamren Curl was hardly the problem in coverage. 

Curl was solid, but not spectacular. His contract value is about where it should be. Glad he got a raise and glad we got Chinn. It's a win-win for me.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

If you read between the lines of what we haven't done in FA, then QB, OT and WR will be likely early targets in the draft. I still think DE is in play too. So is CB. 

I think we'll sign another free agent or two, or more to fill some of these holes. Then there's always surprise cuts after the draft . Plenty of time to TCB .

Figure they are waiting right now for Tyron to come down off his asking price. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s weird, I’m not really sure how I feel about this off-season? Curl, to me, is way better than Chinn. Kendall Fuller was far and way our best corner and we let him walk for peanuts. We’ve done absolutely nothing at tackle. Signed a guard who is basically another Nick Gates type. I get the volume of signings is a nice change and I think we have added some talent but I really don’t care for letting Curl and Fuller walk. I don’t want to hear how Fuller doesn’t line up with our timeline because we’ve signed a few older guys as well. 

I agree to a point.  I think many are overrating what we are doing.  Mostly midling players signed to reasonable contracts and one year rentals.  Not bad, but nothing that really knocks it out of the park.

I have come to accept some one year rentals need to be signed every year because of the constant roster churn.  And it makes sense for these rentals to be guys who your coaches are familiar with.  We went kind of big in that area though.

The question is did we sign better players than Rivera and also more.  Like instead of one player to help at LB we signed 3. 

Rivera did his free agent work at the tail end, while Peters is front loading.  I like that in that he is attacking a plan.  Although, ironically, if Peters was more patient we could have gotten Curl back.

The way I see it we signed three starters that will be here for more than a year: Luvu, Biadasz and Armstrong.  That is a tangible impact.  Everyone else is just filling holes.

I assume Peters missed some other players he swung on like maybe Hunter.  I am disappointed we didn't see the opportunity in Keenan Allen.  If his plan was to get rid of Howell, fine, but there had to be a better option than Mariota?  

I hope Peters doesn't feel like he needs to use all that cap space if he isn't in love with a player.  I don't want to just spend it to spend it.  We can use it next year.  

I think at this point the way to move the needle is the draft.  That is peters chance to shine.

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

For me I’m  not giving up serious draft capital for a player who has to transition to a premium position. 

I wouldn't trade up at any point in the draft. 

We'll probably sign a stop-gap at LT and go BPA all through the draft. 

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

The question is did we sign better players than Rivera and also more.  Like instead of one player to help at LB we signed 3. 

I don't think this is even a question. Ron's biggest get in FA was Logan Thomas. He swung and missed on Trai Turner, Andrew Norwell, William Jackson and probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head. 

IMO, this roster is well on its way to being better than any of the 4 years Ron was here. We still have to select our QBotF too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't think this is even a question. Ron's biggest get in FA was Logan Thomas. He swung and missed on Trai Turner, Andrew Norwell, William Jackson and probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head. 

IMO, this roster is well on its way to being better than any of the 4 years Ron was here. We still have to select our QBotF too.

I tend to agree but at the time we thought the same thing.  I think this was year 1:

Lucas- I hope we resign him him.  
Schweitzer = Allegreti
Thomas Davis = Wagner
Kevin Perre Louis = Pitman
Sean Davis = Chinn
JD Mcissic = Eckler
Logan Thomas = Ertz
Nate Orchard = Fowler
Bostic 
Fuller
Ronald Darby 
Barber
Richard Rogers
Caleb Brantley
Cody Latimer

Sure it seems like we got a couple more or a couple bit better players, but Fuller, Darby, Lucas all were good too.  I think Peters did better, but I don't know if it was massively better.

14 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I agree to a point.  I think many are overrating what we are doing.  Mostly midling players signed to reasonable contracts and one year rentals.  Not bad, but nothing that really knocks it out of the park.

Sets you up potentially for some possible comp picks. Similar to Rivera's first year I think. 

Rivera did his free agent work at the tail end, while Peters is front loading.  I like that in that he is attacking a plan.  Although, ironically, if Peters was more patient we could have gotten Curl back.

We're still not sure they wanted him back. I think they would have done it if they did. 

I assume Peters missed some other players he swung on like maybe Hunter. 

Yeah sounds like we missed on that one, but we can't hit them all I suppose. 

I hope Peters doesn't feel like he needs to use all that cap space if he isn't in love with a player.  I don't want to just spend it to spend it.  We can use it next year.  

We still have like $60m so I think he is thinking that. 

Just now, offbyone said:

I tend to agree but at the time we thought the same thing.  I think this was year 1:

Lucas- I hope we resign him him.  
Schweitzer = Allegreti
Thomas Davis = Wagner
Kevin Perre Louis = Pitman
Sean Davis = Chinn
JD Mcissic = Eckler
Logan Thomas = Ertz
Nate Orchard = Fowler
Bostic 
Fuller
Ronald Darby 
Barber
Richard Rogers
Caleb Brantley
Cody Latimer

Sure it seems like we got a couple more or a couple bit better players, but Fuller, Darby, Lucas all were good too.  I think Peters did better, but I don't know if it was massively better.

I don't disagree with your list and comparisons except for Wagner. Pretty disrespectful to compare where each were at in their careers when they got here. Thomas Davis was cooked. Wagner is still a 3 down LB coming off another Pro-Bowl (all-pro too?) season. 

Then you got Dorance Armstrong, Frankie Luvu and Tyler Biadasz that are left out. I think it's massively better, but that's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't disagree with your list and comparisons except for Wagner. Pretty disrespectful to compare where each were at in their careers when they got here. Thomas Davis was cooked. Wagner is still a 3 down LB coming off another Pro-Bowl (all-pro too?) season. 

Then you got Dorance Armstrong, Frankie Luvu and Tyler Biadasz that are left out. I think it's massively better, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah it would have been like getting Davis a couple years earlier.  Wagner has more left in the tank.  But similar move.  I agree, Peters did better, but it isn't that different than Rivera's first offseason (so far).  

Also agree:

Dorance Armstrong + Frankie Luvu  + Tyler Biadasz > Darby + Fuller + Lucas

But how much better?