Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sets you up potentially for some possible comp picks. Similar to Rivera's first year I think. 

We're still not sure they wanted him back. I think they would have done it if they did. 

Yeah sounds like we missed on that one, but we can't hit them all I suppose. 

We still have like $60m so I think he is thinking that. 

Supposedly they were talking with Curl's agents, but who knows.  

I am worried we spend half the 60M on Tyron Smith which I think would be a bad investment.  That is a matter of opinion though.

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Eh, I don't like the Chinn one either.

Chinn might be a bit better than Davis, but they are same age, same draft round, both have injury histories, both have a high ceiling, both got a one year deal.  Again similar, but better than what Rivera did.  

I am not unhappy with the offseason so far, but I am also not that blown away.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I am worried we spend half the 60M on Tyron Smith which I think would be a bad investment.  That is a matter of opinion though.

Ah I think based on how we've structured so far, I don't think that would happen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ah I think based on how we've structured so far, I don't think that would happen. 

Hope you are right.  I like the idea of carrying a bunch of cap space forward so Peters can make a big free agent move in a future year.  

Just now, offbyone said:

Hope you are right.  I like the idea of carrying a bunch of cap space forward so Peters can make a big free agent move in a future year.  

I'll have to find it, but one of the beats said they thought we had close to $100 as of now for next year. 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Also agree:

Dorance Armstrong + Frankie Luvu  + Tyler Biadasz > Darby + Fuller + Lucas

But how much better?  

We shall see. I think Luvu is the best player of either side. Darby was a good one year rental that should have been resigned, IMO. Fuller was a reunion that made everyone happy since we shouldn't have traded him to KC at all. Armstrong is the biggest question mark to me as he hasn't been a full-time starter, but he has been consistent in a part time role and would have been our best defensive end statistically even with Sweat here (outside of Sweats breakout last year).

At this point, I'm not sure which if the 3 chosen signees is significantly better. 

9 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I am all for signing Lucas, but another stop gap at LT who won't break bank might be Donovan Smith.  

I'm not sure why Yosh Nijman and Josh Jones aren't considered better options than another 30+ year old like the one we just released and the backup who's contract wasn't renewed. I would prefer both to almost all Ts other than Tyron Smith.

55 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I am all for signing Lucas, but another stop gap at LT who won't break bank might be Donovan Smith.  

All those penalties that Smith wasn't called for in Kansas City he will get called against him in Washington.

• Like 1

Man I just can't get over the fact that we signed Marcus Mariota and traded Howell, but didn't want Russell Wilson at a vet minimum. 

They had to know they were going to pursue trading Howell after getting a vet, why not Russell... he is significantly better than Matiota. 

Probably the two biggest things that will bother me all off-season.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Man I just can't get over the fact that we signed Marcus Mariota and traded Howell, but didn't want Russell Wilson at a vet minimum. 

They had to know they were going to pursue trading Howell after getting a vet, why not Russell... he is significantly better than Matiota. 

Probably the two biggest things that will bother me all off-season.

I was going to argue because Wilson is a dbag but so is Mariota. My only answer to this is Wilson wants to start and Mariota will know he’s only here to help the rookie. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I was going to argue because Wilson is a dbag but so is Mariota. My only answer to this is Wilson wants to start and Mariota will know he’s only here to help the rookie. 

I would prefer Wilson on all counts though. You are fooling yourself if you think Mariota saw this only as a back-up situation. The incentives in his contract are all performance based. 

Adam Schefter 

Trade: Steelers are sending QB Kenny Pickett to the Philadelphia Eagles in a pick swap, sources tell ESPN.

Once Pittsburgh signed Russell Wilson, Pickett preferred to move on.

Trade terms, per sources:

🏈Steelers get pick No. 98 and two 2025 7th-round picks.

🏈Eagles get QB Kenny Pickett and No. 120.

It’s a similar value to Washington got for Sam Howell.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I would prefer Wilson on all counts though. You are fooling yourself if you think Mariota saw this only as a back-up situation. The incentives in his contract are all performance based. 

There is no way in hell Mariota thinks he came here to start. He was a backup only last year and knows we’re taking a QB at 2. 

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

There is no way in hell Mariota thinks he came here to start. He was a backup only last year and knows we’re taking a QB at 2. 

When you take your personal feelings and projections out, you should see it differently.

We talked about the different scenarios including a rookie QB not being ready and having a vet start. You have to at least acknowledge that any vet that signed has a chance to start.

Again, I think you are naive if you think Mariota only thought he was a back-up when signing here. I'm sure he feels even stronger about that since Howell was traded.

I want absolutely nothing to do with that scenario, which makes me even more upset about signing Mariota. IMO, I would start the rookie QB under every circumstance, unless they are hurt.