Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Just now, taylor made said:

Get ready to be disappointed. Jayden Daniels odds are -180 at DraftKings 

I’ll wait til about week 6 when he’s on IR because he refused to slide. That’s when the disappointment will sink in. 

33 minutes ago, taylor made said:

36 seconds in. He knows how to slide

Yeah, but I think Lavar’s point is that sometimes he chooses not to. Like 2 minutes and 48 seconds in. Or 4 minutes and 59 seconds in.

The kid has a lot of heart, but it really is a genuine concern that he’s built like a shooting guard but continues to try to take on defenders like that. It’s one thing when tanks like Josh Allen or Cam Newton or even the very compact Sam Howell do it. Daniels is quite literally not built for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

36 seconds in. He knows how to slide

Didn’t say he doesn’t know how. I said he refuses to. Part of the issue is I just think Maye is flat out better.  I think Daniels is very talented but I think the gap between Williams/Maye to Daniels is massive. I will genuinely be disappointed in this franchise if they take Daniels over Maye. I will cheer for Daniels and probably be one of his biggest supporters on here but my guess is by year 3 Maye is one of the leagues best and Daniels is in the 20-25 group. I’m just not impressed with Daniels arm at all. 

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

This is exactly why Leno shouldn’t have been released until we knew we had a plan

I’m pretty sure Leno is retiring. His hip is jacked up. 

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, but I think Lavar’s point is that sometimes he chooses not to. Like 2 minutes and 48 seconds in. Or 4 minutes and 59 seconds in.

The kid has a lot of heart, but it really is a genuine concern that he’s built like a shooting guard but continues to try to take on defenders like that. It’s one thing when tanks like Josh Allen or Cam Newton or even the very compact Sam Howell do it. Daniels is quite literally not built for that.

I'm trying to find out his injury history, but it looks like he avoided any major injuries throughout his college career except the concussion last year. I'm guessing his H/W is 6'3" 210 range. He was definitely hiding something at the combine - it is a concern. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m pretty sure Leno is retiring. His hip is jacked up. 

This is a huge bummer for all involved. For Leno, of course, who is a hell of a guy. And for us.

This offseason would feel a lot more promising if we at least had a solid-average veteran in place at LT. I have full confidence that they’ll be able to find a decent swing tackle in FA, and even that they’ll be able to find an immediate RT starter in the draft (though it may require a trade-up).

But being in a position where you have to find two starting tackles, or else you’re running with Andrew Wylie? That’s a tough spot to be in, especially now that the first wave of FA is over. I just don’t have a ton of good ideas there.

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t say he doesn’t know how. I said he refuses to. Part of the issue is I just think Maye is flat out better.  I think Daniels is very talented but I think the gap between Williams/Maye to Daniels is massive. I will genuinely be disappointed in this franchise if they take Daniels over Maye. I will cheer for Daniels and probably be one of his biggest supporters on here but my guess is by year 3 Maye is one of the leagues best and Daniels is in the 20-25 group. I’m just not impressed with Daniels arm at all. 

I have all 3 QBs graded pretty close. Don't worry, I don't think Drake Maye is Sam Howell 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The hits he took in the FSU and Ole Miss game are very concerning. I think if he takes care of his body, he can be great.

39 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

The hits he took in the FSU and Ole Miss game are very concerning. I think if he takes care of his body, he can be great.

It’s certainly possible. I’m willing to accept my opinion of Daniels is probably a lot lower than others. I think the legend of Jayden Daniels has grown exponentially since the end of the season for almost no reason whatsoever than just how boring it got putting Williams and Maye at the top every time. 

I checked something last night. I think it was 12 out of 15 prospect ranking sites had Maye over Daniels. The sites that had Daniels over Maye were ESPN, Walter football and Lance Zeirlein. Most others didn’t even have Jayden Daniels as the next best prospect to Maye in their rankings but Daniels is now the mocked favorite and betting favorite. It’s just weird. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this before. It reminds me of last year when suddenly we started seeing Richardson mocked ahead of Stroud. 

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Get ready to be disappointed. Jayden Daniels odds are -180 at DraftKings 

It’ll flip three more times before the draft

• Like 1