Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

49 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's time I circled back and admitted that so far, based on everything he's done so far outside of coaching since we aren't there yet, Dan Quinn deserves the benefit of the doubt from myself (and maybe some of you). Guys are signing here specifically because of him and the staff. They've been mentioned point blank in press conferences and interviews. It's not just one guy either. Kliff's name came up, Lynn came up, Norton got a shout out, Quinn has gotten multiple. 

Guys want to play for this staff, and that's fantastic to see. He's got a lot to do to rebound from his coaching gaffes, but he himself has admitted to it. We'll see what he truly learned. This seems like a good turning point for this franchise this year starting at the top. 

I think it all started with Adam Peters. His hire immediately gave us credibility again. He is very well respected in all of the NFL circles and has shot down many opportunities before he accepted this one. 

Then sticking to his guns with hiring a leader first and foremost. It may not have been my first choice (or even theirs) but Dan Quinn brings the energy and passion everyday. 

It's not just players either, this coaching staff was assembled with people who wanted to coach with Dan Quinn. Some from their past history together and some because they never got the chance, but this place has become a destination again because of these men. 

As you said, players are also calling out these coaches by name in their introduction speeches as the main reasons they wanted to come here. It's definitely a nice thing to have players not come here to be overpaid, but for wanting to be part of the turnaround. 

HTTR

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jordan Schultz 

Chase Young’s new deal with the #Saints is a 1-year, fully guaranteed $13M contract, sources tell @BleacherReport.

Saints are suckers! 

Chase Young and his representation won this deal. Getting a fully GTD is highway robbery.

• Like 1

JPA Football 

RUMORS: Former #Packers superstar LT David Bakhtiari plans to play in 2024, per @RapSheet 

“My understanding: He is diligently rehabbing and is focused on returning to play this coming season, I'm told. He's taking it as it comes. But plans to play.”

I know it’s a big IF but if he’s healthy to play he wouldn’t be a bad bridge player 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Chase Young and his representation won this deal. Getting a fully GTD is highway robbery.

Living off his draft stock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

He is but I think this might be the place for him

I don't know man. Chase apparently likes to party. New Orleans might not be the best place for work if you like to party lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't know man. Chase apparently likes to party. New Orleans might not be the best place for work if you like to party lol

The part for me is how much some Saints fans are cheering this move. $13M might be the going rate, but making that fully guaranteed cut the Saints cap space in half (down to $13M now) and they still have a few key players to re-sign (and need to have $ on hand for draftees and for in-season moves). This is a bad deal for them.

But he's their problem now. :)

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The part for me is how much some Saints fans are cheering this move. $13M might be the going rate, but making that fully guaranteed cut the Saints cap space in half (down to $13M now) and they still have a few key players to re-sign (and need to have $ on hand for draftees and for in-season moves). This is a bad deal for them.

But he's their problem now. :)

Well, to be fair, I cheered on the Landon Collins signing while Giants fans laughed about it. They knew way more about what we were getting than I did. In this case, we know what the Saints are getting and they just haven't experienced it every Sunday yet. 

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well, to be fair, I cheered on the Landon Collins signing while Giants fans laughed about it. They knew way more about what we were getting than I did. In this case, we know what the Saints are getting and they just haven't experienced it every Sunday yet. 

Good recall. I’m trying to remember how I felt about that move.