Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think he’s going to surprise us as being a solid player. Lunch pail type. 

I agree with this take. Can't blame the guy for not getting snaps behind Thuney in KC, but that is also a blessing because he gets to learn from one of the best. The guy sounds hungry for starting experience and ready to earn it. I am higher than most on our interior O-Line now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Peters and Quinn had no interest in Curl.

This is disappointing. 

I also think this should put finality to any attachment fans have to players on the roster. If a young solid defender, like Curl, doesn't get a second look, expect the roster turnover to be almost absolute. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We thought so much more of Chinn that we signed him for one year. Got it. 

Teams didn't seem to think much of any safety outside of McKinney. Everyone else got $7.5 AAV or below. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Teams didn't seem to think much of any safety outside of McKinney. Everyone else got $7.5 AAV or below. 

I'm just not buying the excuse for Curl. He was clearly better than Chinn these last couple years and he's younger. It seems like almost anyone we had that was a starter and a free agent just got replaced for the most part. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I'm just not buying the excuse for Curl. He was clearly better than Chinn these last couple years and he's younger. It seems like almost anyone we had that was a starter and a free agent just got replaced for the most part. 

It's a 4-13 team. They probably should be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's a 4-13 team. They probably should be. 

That doesn't mean everyone is bad lol. We had a damn high school coach coaching our defensive backfield lol. We literally plucked him from a high school. The entire secondary regressed. I'm fine with moving on but I'm not fine pretending Chinn is an improvement over Curl. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That doesn't mean everyone is bad lol. We had a damn high school coach coaching our defensive backfield lol. We literally plucked him from a high school. The entire secondary regressed. I'm fine with moving on but I'm not fine pretending Chinn is an improvement over Curl. 

You seemed very fine with getting Chinn in the offseason. You can't be THAT mad? I was looking to have Curl back too, but it's no love lost that he's gone either. We probably do overrate him and the market more or less said that could be true. If he scheme wise didn't fit what Peters and Quinn wanted, so be it. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So don't look at it as an improvement. Call it a lateral move with someone the staff and F.O. thought was better suited towards their defense. 

Curl definitely wasn't terrible and it sounds like you are saying Chinn isn't terrible either.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

So don't look at it as an improvement. Call it a lateral move with someone the staff and F.O. thought was better suited towards their defense. 

Curl definitely wasn't terrible and it sounds like you are saying Chinn isn't terrible either.

Curl was the better player. Chinn has struggled for two years now.