Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't really understand what the Panthers strategy is at all. I would rather have paid Brian Burns than Brown. 

Possibly like with us and Montez Sweat they couldn’t get a long term deal done with Brian Burns and I’ve heard that Burns didn’t want to re-sign there just like I heard Sweat didn’t want to re-sign in DC but of course $ talks and if Burns had gotten a top DE contract offer I’m sure he signs it, same with Sweat with DC.

35 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I actually like the Washington Defenders kicker Matthew McCrane. I doubt they’re going to bring in anyone to battle McManus. 

I hope we bring in someone. I don't think any kicker should just be given the job unless they're one of the best in the NFL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hope we bring in someone. I don't think any kicker should just be given the job unless they're one of the best in the NFL.

I get what you’re saying, we’ll see how this regime handles things. 

Four years later, not a single draft pick remains on the roster. The roster mismanagement by the entire Rivera-led Front Office was atrocious. 

https://www.commanders.com/news/redskins-2020-nfl-draft-picks

Chase Young - traded to SF 2023

Antonio Gibson - Signed with NE 2024 FA

Saahdiq Charles - Signed with TEN 2024 FA

Antonio Gandy-Golden - Retired 2022

Keith Ismael - Released 2022 - injury settlement

Khaleke Hudson - Signed NO 2024 FA

Kamren Curl - Signed LAR 2024 FA

James Smith-Williams - Signed ATL 2024 FA 

Of course I can’t wait for April 25th but With all the changes to the roster and new coaches I can’t wait to see this team play. Very excited and encouraged because I think this team can make the playoffs. Maybe being too optimistic but I really like how they’re assembling this team so far (minus the backup QB). 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 2:38 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Four years later, not a single draft pick remains on the roster. The roster mismanagement by the entire Rivera-led Front Office was atrocious. 

https://www.commanders.com/news/redskins-2020-nfl-draft-picks

Chase Young - traded to SF 2023

Antonio Gibson - Signed with NE 2024 FA

Saahdiq Charles - Signed with TEN 2024 FA

Antonio Gandy-Golden - Retired 2022

Keith Ismael - Released 2022 - injury settlement

Khaleke Hudson - Signed NO 2024 FA

Kamren Curl - Signed LAR 2024 FA

James Smith-Williams - Signed ATL 2024 FA 

That's crazy bc I remember thinking that was a great draft for us especially after 2020 when Chase, Gibson & Curl were so intrical to our team winning the division.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:31 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Of course I can’t wait for April 25th but With all the changes to the roster and new coaches I can’t wait to see this team play. Very excited and encouraged because I think this team can make the playoffs. Maybe being too optimistic but I really like how they’re assembling this team so far (minus the backup QB). 

I don't see us making the playoffs but I do think we’ll win 6 or 7 games. The only way I see us making the playoffs is if our OTs play way better than we think it will & our rookie QB has a good to great rookie year.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That's crazy bc I remember thinking that was a great draft for us especially after 2020 when Chase, Gibson & Curl were so intrical to our team winning the division.

I was very stoked about Chase Young. The rest were unknowns to me. I do remember thinking it was weird to draft a slot WR and make him a RB. I was also high after the Gandy-Golden selection  as a big tall receiver with good body positioning.... that didn't end well. 

13 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I was very stoked about Chase Young. The rest were unknowns to me. I do remember thinking it was weird to draft a slot WR and make him a RB. I was also high after the Gandy-Golden selection  as a big tall receiver with good body positioning.... that didn't end well. 

I hear you, but I'm talking about after the 2020 season. After that season Chase looked like he could be on his way to living up to the pre-draft hype, Gibson played pretty well at his first year being a full-time RB/dual threat RB & WR, and Curl broke out and played great as a rookie 7th round SS/Buffalo Nickel. Without those 3, I don't think we end up 7-9 in 2020.

Gibson had 11 rushing TDs as a rookie.

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I figured we would hold on to him as a camp body, but I guess not. 

I’d wager they felt like he’s just too much of a gamble from a character standpoint for a new regime. I bet someone will roll the dice on the raw talent, but the odds seem stacked against him at the point.

• Like 3