2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

8 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Why everyone in here have so little faith in Nakobe and Nolan lol

I think I'm the only one low low on Nolan. Haven't really seen anyone else doubting his ability to develop.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’ll welcome him back with open arms at this point.

I’d say he’s likely the route they go at this point

id also be ok if they took a risk and signed Devin white. What’s the worst that can happen lol

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think I'm the only one low low on Nolan. Haven't really seen anyone else doubting his ability to develop.

I'm lukewarm.  I wish they had gotten him more snaps last year rather than wasting them on Derek Barnett.

13 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Why everyone in here have so little faith in Nakobe and Nolan lol

My issue with nakobe is he’s undersized and can’t stay on the field. It’s becoming a pattern

and even with him let’s say playing really well they have nothing else. Ben van sumeren has potential but he’s still nothing yet

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I would take Lavonte in a heartbeat.  Guy can still play.

Too old. I like the youth movement. Keep it coming. The eagles have been pretty quiet though lol. Usually it means something’s brewing

my guess is a reddick trade is on the horizon

Just now, Last Stand said:

Too old. I like the youth movement. Keep it coming. The eagles have been pretty quiet though lol. Usually it means something’s brewing

Old or not you're not going to get a better coverage LB.  I wouldn't stop with him, but he'd be fun to plug and play for a SB run.

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I'm fine with a stop gap if Howie isn't going to draft a LB in the first 3 rounds. Give me Wagner and Lavonte, let those old heads hold it down for a year. Would actually be a fun LB duo despite their age. They've played in the pro bowl together, now they can play together on the Eagles.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Old or not you're not going to get a better coverage LB.  I wouldn't stop with him, but he'd be fun to plug and play for a SB run.

I just think a stop gap just keeps our defense in a constant state of bandaids. 

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm fine with a stop gap if Howie isn't going to draft a LB in the first 3 rounds. Give me Wagner and Lavonte, let those old heads hold it down for a year. Would actually be a fun LB duo despite their age. They've played in the pro bowl together, now they can play together on the Eagles.

I guess for me I’d rather take fliers on younger guys. Those guys are 1 year from being Shaq Leonard and like Shaq Leonard it’ll probably come fast

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I just think a stop gap just keeps our defense in a constant state of bandaids. 

You're always gonna have 2 or 3 bandaid positions. Can't have young studs everywhere.
Tyrel Dodson doesn't turn 26 til June tho. Dodson and one of Wagner/Lavonte works for me.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

You're always gonna have 2 or 3 bandaid positions. Can't have young studs everywhere.

I’m ok with young role players. Fresh legs. Guys who can improve from average to above average, maybe even good

Solid, a tad limited but can be here for a few years so the studs can be at more important positions. So there’s not a revolving door. There’s just solid there. 

Just now, Last Stand said:

I’m ok with young role players. Fresh legs. Guys who can improve from average to above average, maybe even good

Solid, a tad limited but can be here for a few years so the studs can be at more important positions. So there’s not a revolving door. There’s just solid there. 

That's understandable, but we got SB aspirations, so a Lavonte David makes a lot sense. And unlike Darius Leonard, he didn't have some crazy nerve surgery through his back to correct a foot issue that zapped all of his quick twitch athleticism.