2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Just trying to be more knowledgeable, what is your biggest need? I was really confident you guys would go all in at either safety or OLB, but instead you paid for a huge contract RB. Not saying that's good or bad, but it threw me off. What's the Eagles biggest hole, DB still? off ball LB?

Edited by elevators_rule

I’m coming around a bit on the Saquon signing. Still not a big fan of signing a RB (that has been banged up at times) to a big second contract that we didn’t sink significant draft capital into but yeah.

It’s crying over spilt milk, but I still think Moss would’ve been a really nice fit for cheap (2 years / 8 million) and we could’ve aggressively targeted a RB in a stacked class in 2025. 

These stats at the same time also show Barkley is a really good fit for the Eagles and that YPC in shotgun will probably be above 5 behind our OL.

5 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Just trying to be more knowledgeable, what is your biggest need? I was really confident you guys would go all in at either safety or OLB, but instead you paid for a huge contract RB. Not saying that's good or bad, but it threw me off. What's the Eagles biggest whole, DB still? off ball LB?

We need basically everything on defense besides DT. We need to get younger at corner so a future CB1 is needed. If we intend on trading Reddick and/or Sweat than another Edge is needed. Linebacker and safety are obvious.

On offense we need a WR3 (4 and 5 too tbh), TE2, and maybe another OL who can play both guard and tackle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Just trying to be more knowledgeable, what is your biggest need? I was really confident you guys would go all in at either safety or OLB, but instead you paid for a huge contract RB. Not saying that's good or bad, but it threw me off. What's the Eagles biggest hole, DB still? off ball LB?

Having reliable RB play back there really helps the offense. The one issue has been how much we’d telegraph what was happening with which back was in the last two years a little too much. Saquon can do everything they’d need him to do. That + Moore bringing in some motion has me excited.

They definitely didn’t need to go to the top of the market, but we needed a starter. I think after Swift started to price himself out they truly just said screw it let’s try to win now with Saquon (who had mutual interest). The other options were so so or playing the draft lotto.

ILB we need a starter at, Safety too. I think to them the floor was higher on safeties available. They value LB the least. RB they’ve always been good at getting bargains but it’s often a 1 year thing since Shady left. Looking at it if you’re going to overpay for one, I think they chose the position that’s the most scheme agnostic that can net you 1800+ yards on this team. Over the others, for now. Fully expect them to sign people there still.

• Like 1

Lowie doing all they can to curry favor with the fan base and change the narrative from the end of last season.  But…..

Good:

Extend Dickerson.  Now do Smitty

Ehh: 

Warm body at LB and the edge   

Bad:  

Over paying for an oft injured RB.  Sticking it to the Giants is great, but not a fan of the move.  I’m sure Penn State fans are happy. 

Over paying for an edge guy no one heard of 6 months ago.  Hope he’s not Avery 2.0. 

Day 2 is here.  

8 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

LB and DB

Depth at DT and o line

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hard to know what to think of Simmons.  Under Fangio, he had his best and worst seasons in coverage in back to back years.

No description available.

Wonder why such a dip. Covid season is such a blur at this point

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Like I'm cool with Simmons, just want to get younger. Have a guy here for like 5 years.

Guy like Simmons makes sense if they are thinking hey let’s plug and play and give Brown time to heal/get his feet under him. Continue to trial run Blankenship as the guy.

Also doesn’t take anything off the table in the draft. You can take a Cooper DeJean early, or a Tykee Smith day 3 and find a spot for them. Or take one of the just full time safeties.