2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Just now, Last Stand said:

I guess what I mean is he could potentially be an AVG for fangio. A guy who does both.

That's fine and I think his skillset could match that. Just saying he needs to be rushing the passer the large majority of the time. 

9 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Wouldn’t hate it for the right price… Would be a great backup for an insane price effective deal for this year. Plus maybe wake-up call Jalen needs?

Yeah I mean if Jalen hurts got hurt I’d still think this team had a chance if Justin was the backup

I would not with tanner mckee

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If they drop Smith into coverage more than he rushes the passer, then that was an absolute monstrosity of a first round selection.

Fangios scheme has DE’s drop into coverage typically on the strong-side of the offense’s formation when he gets into his fire zone blitzes which he frequently does (Fangio had 94 unblocked pressures which BY FAR led the league last year). So be prepared for our DE’s to drop into coverage depending on what Fangio thinks will be their protection (offenses typically slide their protection to the strength so when you blitz a LBer from the weak-side you can create a free runner while still having seven in coverage). DE’s being able to drop and move is very important to his scheme so Nolan should fit in well with that. I’m just worried about when he actually does have to pressure the QB

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Fangios scheme has DE’s drop into coverage typically on the strong-side of the offense’s formation when he gets into his fire zone blitzes which he frequently does (Fangio had 94 unblocked pressures which BY FAR led the league last year). So be prepared for our DE’s to drop into coverage depending on what Fangio thinks will be their protection (offenses typically slide their protection to the strength so when you blitz a LBer from the weak-side you can create a free runner while still having seven in coverage). DE’s being able to drop and move is very important to his scheme so Nolan should fit in well with that. I’m just worried about when he actually does have to pressure the QB

Thanks for the explanation. I was just pushing back on him dropping  more than rushing. Would be totally insane to me lol. Nolan is one of a handful of guys I'm excited to see if they make that jump.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Looks like we are priced out of the Simmons market after getting CJGJ.

Have to see if that price comes down due to lack of league wide interest. He’s 30 so his asking price being high is unlikely to hold