2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The Lamb role is you are throwing the ball to your best players lol. 

AJ is going to be the X. Smitty the Z. Just like they have been.

No its not.  Lamb, just like Keenan Allen were specifically used in the Slot (like Fitz years ago) to create mismatches. At no point were they a X or Y only.

Edited by Nabbs4u

The more I think about bostons last couple years here the more I’m frustrated with their Kenny gainwell infatuation. 

Just eye test I always felt Boston looked better running the ball and did more with it when he caught it.

Here’s to hoping will Shipley and Davis-price can at least push him off the roster

he can’t run, he looks slow, I genuinely don’t see it with him

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

No its not.  Lamb, just like Keenan Allen were specifically used in the Slot (like Fotz years ago) to create mismatches. At no point were they a X or Y only.

The point is Lamb produced because he is a good football player and it isn't because he played a specific role in the offense. Lamb's skillset is better in the slot in general. AJ and Smitty will not change positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The point is Lamb produced because he is a good football player and it isn't because he played a specific role in the offense. Lamb's skillset is better in the slot in general. AJ and Smitty will not change positions.

So you think our offense will remain the same despite years of proof as to how Moore utilizes his best weapon? 👌 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So you think our offense will remain the same despite years of proof as to how Moore utilizes his best weapon? 👌 

No. I think Moore isn't dumb enough to force two of his best players into roles that don't fit their skill sets lol.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No. I think Moore isn't dumb enough to force two of his best players into roles that don't fit their skill sets lol.

Please tell me how either AJ or Smitty on a SCB or forcing the #1 into a roll where he's forced to travel, doesn't benefit either? 

Both great route runners who create seperation without  boundaries to contain or limit their route combination? You're missing the bigger picture. 

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Please tell me how either AJ or Smitty on a SCB or forcing the #1 into a roll where he's forced to travel, doesn't benefit either? 

Both great route runners who create seperation without  boundaries to contain or limit their route combination? You're missing the bigger picture. 

There is not picture to miss here. AJ and Smitty aren't going to be the primary slot WR. Don't believe me? Just wait and see.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There is not picture to miss here. AJ and Smitty aren't going to be the primary slot WR. Don't believe me? Just wait and see.

In the traditional sense where 1 of them is not on the field in 2 WR sets, you are correct. In 3-4WR sets, I'd almost Sig bet you 1 of them is in the slot majority of those snaps. 

I don't Sig bet, so remind me I was wrong after the season.🍺

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

They both play there, but neither will be primary slot, cause both are adept at winning on the outside.

AJ and Smitty combined for 532 snaps (according to PFF) in the slot last year, but that only works out to about 25% of their snaps in the slot for both. The previous year it was like AJ just under 29% of his snaps in the slot and DeVonta 20%.

The number is probably again gonna be about in that same 24-26% of their total snaps. Maybe it could touch the high 20s, but that's probably as high as it will go.

Also, its not saying much, but I like the options at slot receiver a bit better than last years group.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

these number choices probably drop our draft a full letter grade.

Mitchell, DeJean and Trotter were pretty much locked into those numbers.

I do like Hunt getting Trent Cole's number TBH.

Oh and my old LJ Smith is useful again LMAO

• Like 1