2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You’ve already given up on him?

Before the draft, yes. He has no pass rush moves, and limited functional strength. Can't give up on a guy I never trusted to begin with. Still think we should try him at ILB. I think he could be a good off-ball LB, but I don't see him developing into a quality pass rusher. Make him a Devin White type of ILB.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Last Stand said:

I’m warming back up to CJGJ 

he fit well here, they need that kind of attitude again

Agreed. Get me some bite back there man. Some bad intentions. Luckily there's still quite a few guys left who I'd be very happy with.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Before the draft, yes. He has no pass rush moves, and limited functional strength.

Eh. I agree his arsenal is limited rn, but I think he has good functional strength for his size. I am hoping he can add some mass and get up to the 245-248 range which is what Reddick has been playing at the past couple years.

I remember after the draft he was talking about trying to learn a ghost move, but that’s not really an easy move to master and I don’t think we saw it in a game so idk if he’s still working on it or not.

But, we didn’t get to see him get enough pass rush snaps to the point he could start developing either though. His speed was evident at times when he did get some chances to rush. I still wanna see what he can do if given a chance. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh. I agree his arsenal is limited rn, but I think he has good functional strength for his size. I am hoping he can add some mass and get up to the 245-248 range which is what Reddick has been playing at the past couple years.

I remember after the draft he was talking about trying to learn a ghost move, but that’s not really an easy move to master and I don’t think we saw it in a game so idk if he’s still working on it or not.

But, we didn’t get to see him get enough pass rush snaps to the point he could start developing either though. His speed was evident at times when he did get some chances to rush. I still wanna see what he can do if given a chance. 

I think drafting Nolan to play EDGE instead of off-ball LB was akin to Az drafting Simmons to be a safety instead of a LB. Not the best use of his skills.

Yea, that's a good trade for NYG, but 30 mill per. Jeebus. I guess that will be the new normal tho with the cap rising.

Thank god the Panthers owner doesn't own the Eagles.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I think drafting Nolan to play EDGE instead of off-ball LB was akin to Az drafting Simmons to be a safety instead of a LB. Not the best use of his skills.

I guess we can try him at off ball LB, but I’m not sure he’s a super natural mover in space to really excel there. I think I still prefer him at pass rusher.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Yea, that's a good trade for NYG, but 30 mill per. Jeebus. I guess that will be the new normal tho with the cap rising.

That is a ton of money, but the fact Rap said “max” makes me think that’s not the base value. 

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I guess we can try him at off ball LB, but I’m not sure he’s a super natural mover in space to really excel there. I think I still prefer him at pass rusher.

I don't think you need to worry about trying him at LB. We'll keep trying to make him a pass rusher, and if he doesn't develop into a sack guy then we'll just cut him in 2 years rather than convert him to off-ball LB.

Edited by Jeezla

I would’ve done all of that for burns, but there’s a reason the eagles didn’t, whatever that is

especially with 2 2nds

im assuming they didn’t value him that way or they liked huff at 17 more than burns at 25-30

also lol at the panthers not trading him for 2 1sts to the rams and now trading him for a 2nd and 5