Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

The signing of Dak is done so I'm not going to bother with the pros and cons.  I can't change it.   Obviously Trey Lance is not the answer.  I'm hoping that despite the four year extension, Dallas will draft the heir apparent and have a transition plan at QB.  That may be wishful thinking.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It was only 6 years ago that Matt Ryan became the first player to cross the $30M/year mark. Insane how contracts have ballooned.

It’s scary from a cap perspective, as the cap isn’t growing as rapidly as QB salaries. This is why I believe that QB salaries should no longer be counted toward the cap. It’ll reduce the financial paralysis imposed on teams and really open things up for free agents and helps retain players.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

According to 105.3 the FAN, no trade and no franchise tag again.

That’s fine, honestly. 

Re: no trade - If we get to the point where we want to trade him, you can force the issue. No one is going to send premo picks for him if he’s not willing to play there for an extended period anyway, so Dak would have most of that leverage regardless.

Re: no tag - the ability to franchise tag in this situation leads to uncertainty all around. Now you *know* the timeline for finding Dak’s successor and can execute a well-defined plan.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, TVScout said:

He’s be in 3 or 4 different offenses now. He’s has 2 or 3 different WR1s. Different OL and RBs, played with Witten, Schultz, and Ferguson, different coordinators etc… the only thing that hasn’t changed is the results. 

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He’s be in 3 or 4 different offenses now. He’s has 2 or 3 different WR1s. Different OL and RBs, played with Witten, Schultz, and Ferguson, different coordinators etc… the only thing that hasn’t changed is the results. 

They are talking about this season. 

5 hours ago, TVScout said:

They are talking about this season. 

Yup, and I’m saying this year is no different than last year or 6 years ago. 

In 2018 we were 1-2 after 3 games and Dak had thrown 2 TDs and 2 picks on the season. 

In 2020 we were 1-2 after 3 games and Dak had thrown 5 TDs 2 picks

In 2024 we are 1-2 after 3 games and Dak has thrown 4 TDs and 2 picks

There is nothing different about Dak this year. There is nothing different about the coaching staff this year that FORCES him to have a typical Dak Prescott start to the season. It’s just Dak.