Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

On 7/29/2024 at 8:03 AM, TVScout said:

This chart shows how misleading Prescott's INT total was in 2022

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-prescott-interceptions-quality-throws/

F0SAiBaWcAA12DU-1.jpeg?resize=1024,680

You know what isn’t misleading? His losing record against teams above .500, very low QBR, and that 2-5 record in the playoffs. The rest of those records can p!ss off.

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

You know what isn’t misleading? His losing record against teams above .500, very low QBR, and that 2-5 record in the playoffs. The rest of those records can p!ss off.

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

And missing wide open receivers, throwing INTs, not recognizing coverages, melting down mentally, and gift wrapping the other team points isn’t a coaching stat.

Again, “Scout”, you still don’t know what you’re talking about.

Curious:

Which NFC QBs, if any, would you trade for Dak straight up?  And why? 

Which AFC QBs, if any, would you trade for Dak straight up?  And why? 

That being said where do you rank Dak on a list of NFC QBs heading into 2024?

Where do you rank him amongst QBs in entire NFL?

Would you give him another large multi-year deal?

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Williams/Daniels due to rookie deals. Beyond that, no one entices me. Not trading one $50m/yr deal for another. 

Which AFC QBs, if any, would you trade for Dak straight up?  And why? 

Mahomes/Allen. Pretty clear they’re just better. Stroud, rookie deal. Herbert is on the bubble, but I’d lean heavily towards no.

Where do you rank him amongst QBs in entire NFL?

Regular season Dak = 5-7-ish

Would you give him another large multi-year deal?

$45-50m/yr I’d do all day. He wants in the ballpark of $50m and up? Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Curious:

Well, are we taking contracts and age into consideration? Or are we pretending money and age doesn’t factor into it and it’s all based on talent? I’ll assume you mean the latter because the hypothetical of a straight QB trade is already in fantasy land. So:

Let’s say all 16 QBs QBs are in my driveway and I have to pick one to start for my team this Sunday until I pick Dak. 

1. Matt Stafford 

“No. 1 high school quarterback, No. 1 college quarterback at Georgia, No. 1 draft pick. The year they won the Super Bowl, he threw for 6,000 yards and 50 TDs. He's an elite talent, he's getting older, he's been banged up. But nobody doubts the no-looks throws, big-time A++ arm. When the Rams gave him protection, he was a machine.”

2. Jordan Love

see playoff game

3. Brock Purdy

Has out classed Dak in every opportunity he’s had. 

4. Jared Goff

“Laugh all you want, Jared Goff's been to a Super Bowl. By the way, first seven years in the NFL, he's a Pro Bowler three times. Oh, by the way, led the Lions to their first winning season since 2017”

5. Jalen Hurts

“The Super Bowl performance was otherworldly. I mean that Super Bowl, for any doubter out there, was a wow, jaw-dropping performance.” 

he offers more than Dak in the ground game and isn’t far behind as a passer, if he’s behind at all. 

6. Kyler Murray 

Bit of a headcase. Have questions about his size and durability. But he's the first player in league history that had 70 TD passes and 20 rushing TDs in his first three years in the league. He is a unique, global football quarterback talent. He's got to get his mental right … but he can play."

Don’t like him as a leader but sheer talent, im taking him in a straight up trade for Dak easy. 

7. Dak

8. Geno

9. Kirk 

10. Carr

and we don’t know about Daniels or Caleb Williams yet. For instance, I would have probably taken Dak over CJ Stroud at this time last year. Obviously that would be a mistake. You can kind of throw Bryce Young in there with Daniels and Williams. Straight up trade? Im probably willing to gamble on Bryce Youngs upside over Daks. 

So in the NFC he’s somewhere between 7 and 10. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 6:45 AM, DaBoys said:

Well, are we taking contracts and age into consideration? Or are we pretending money and age doesn’t factor into it and it’s all based on talent? I’ll assume you mean the latter because the hypothetical of a straight QB trade is already in fantasy land. So:

Let’s say all 16 QBs QBs are in my driveway and I have to pick one to start for my team this Sunday until I pick Dak. 

1. Matt Stafford 

“No. 1 high school quarterback, No. 1 college quarterback at Georgia, No. 1 draft pick. The year they won the Super Bowl, he threw for 6,000 yards and 50 TDs. He's an elite talent, he's getting older, he's been banged up. But nobody doubts the no-looks throws, big-time A++ arm. When the Rams gave him protection, he was a machine.”

2. Jordan Love

see playoff game

3. Brock Purdy

Has out classed Dak in every opportunity he’s had. 

4. Jared Goff

“Laugh all you want, Jared Goff's been to a Super Bowl. By the way, first seven years in the NFL, he's a Pro Bowler three times. Oh, by the way, led the Lions to their first winning season since 2017”

5. Jalen Hurts

“The Super Bowl performance was otherworldly. I mean that Super Bowl, for any doubter out there, was a wow, jaw-dropping performance.” 

he offers more than Dak in the ground game and isn’t far behind as a passer, if he’s behind at all. 

6. Kyler Murray 

Bit of a headcase. Have questions about his size and durability. But he's the first player in league history that had 70 TD passes and 20 rushing TDs in his first three years in the league. He is a unique, global football quarterback talent. He's got to get his mental right … but he can play."

Don’t like him as a leader but sheer talent, im taking him in a straight up trade for Dak easy. 

7. Dak

8. Geno

9. Kirk 

10. Carr

and we don’t know about Daniels or Caleb Williams yet. For instance, I would have probably taken Dak over CJ Stroud at this time last year. Obviously that would be a mistake. You can kind of throw Bryce Young in there with Daniels and Williams. Straight up trade? Im probably willing to gamble on Bryce Youngs upside over Daks. 

So in the NFC he’s somewhere between 7 and 10. 

I am really surprised you went with Stafford at 1.   His health is really unreliable. 

I thought about wording it so contracts were and were not a factor, but then I thought about Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School saying this isn’t Fantasyland.  Contracts, age and health are certainly a factor.  

But answer the question how you like.  

Edited by dll2000

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am really surprised you went with Stafford at 1.   His health is really unreliable. 

I thought about wording it so contracts were and were not a factor, but then I thought about Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School saying this isn’t Fantasyland.  Contracts, age and health are certainly a factor.  

But answer the question how you like.  

Pure talent, he’s the best QB in the nfc. Age and money plus injury history certainly factor in, but let’s not forget the Rams traded Goff(from daks draft class, younger, and higher on my list than Dak) for Stafford and won the superbowl. It’s actually the most direct example of your question 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Pure talent, he’s the best QB in the nfc. Age and money plus injury history certainly factor in, but let’s not forget the Rams traded Goff(from daks draft class, younger, and higher on my list than Dak) for Stafford and won the superbowl. It’s actually the most direct example of your question 

That trade was years ago now.  They don’t make it today. 

I remember later in Montana’s career Walsh was asked who would you rather have Young or Montana.   Walsh said for a season Young, for a game Montana.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

Wins are not stats. He also threw 2 ints in that game.

You either have a p!ss poor memory, didn’t watch the playoffs that season, or are conveniently omitting that he was sensational in every playoff game and led that team to the Super Bowl based on his play. In the Wildcard, Divisional, and NFC Championship Game (which Dak is mentally and physically unable to get to), Stafford threw for 903 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, and was completing almost 70% of his throws.

But, that doesn’t contribute to wins or anything, right? Because the defense and coaching do that. Right?

• Like 1