Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

7 hours ago, TVScout said:

Can you prove those teams tried to sign Dez during that off season.

Google is free. He wanted to play for a championship team. Your notion that NOBODY wanted him is wrong TVscout. You. Are. Wrong. 

“Shortly after he was released, Bryant reportedly turned down a three-year, $21 million deal from the Ravens this spring and did the same when the Browns reportedly offered him less than $5 million a year. There was also the matter of Bryant wanting to play for a better team, according to PFT. And now, it appears, he has finally gotten his wish.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-reportedly-signing-with-saints-after-getting-cut-by-cowboys-in-april/amp/

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Google is free. He wanted to play for a championship team. Your notion that NOBODY wanted him is wrong TVscout. You. Are. Wrong. 

“Shortly after he was released, Bryant reportedly turned down a three-year, $21 million deal from the Ravens this spring and did the same when the Browns reportedly offered him less than $5 million a year. There was also the matter of Bryant wanting to play for a better team, according to PFT. And now, it appears, he has finally gotten his wish.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-reportedly-signing-with-saints-after-getting-cut-by-cowboys-in-april/amp/

Sure , some teams wanted him ….. at a cheap price … he was gonna be the 3rd option in the Saints offense… Dez had a lost a step and Dallas made the decision to not pay him, isn’t that what you wnat the team  to do ? not overpay for a guy who was definitely on the decline of his career 🤷‍♂️. It was the right move by the Cowboys to release him 

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Your notion that NOBODY wanted him is wrong TVscout. You. Are. Wrong. 

That was not my notion. I just wondered why he didn't sign a contract soon after being waived.

On 8/24/2024 at 7:06 AM, TVScout said:

Okay he played in 4 games and still got 1 total sack plus 18 total tackles. Weak beer.

No. I am telling you that is how 30 million dollar per year pass rushers should perform. 

And what about $60 million a year QBs? Shouldn’t they be expected to perform as well? Or are 2-5 playoff records and impossibly poor play appropriate at that price tag? 

Better yet, if the utterly dreadful play by the QB is always due to poor coaching as you habitually and wrongly claim, then wouldn’t average play from a top defensive player also fall solely on the coach?

Do yourself a favor and take your time thinking about a response, as this shouldn’t be the hill that you want to die on.

Edited by plan9misfit

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

And what about $60 million a year QBs? Shouldn’t they be expected to perform as well? Or are 2-5 playoff records and impossibly poor play appropriate at that price tag? 

Better yet, if the utterly dreadful play by the QB is always due to poor coaching as you habitually and wrongly claim, then wouldn’t average play from a top defensive player also fall solely on the coach?

Do yourself a favor and take your time thinking about a response, as this shouldn’t be the hill that you want to die on.

Not to mention Parsons is not a $30m/year edge rusher.

He counts $5.4M on the cap this year.

Was even less against the cap in those 4 playoff games. 

He isn’t holding out. He is in camp. He will one day need a contract, but doesn’t need to be evaluated for his performance in his rookie-3rd year based on that future contract. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TVScout said:

That was not my notion. I just wondered why he didn't sign a contract soon after being waived.

He wanted a championship contender and to be completely honest(in his own words) he wanted to return to the Cowboys. He was kind of holding out for one of those to happen. He ended up signing with the 7-1 Saints who played against Dallas in 3 weeks. 

Edited by DaBoys

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

2-5 playoff records  ..............

Wins and losses are not stats.

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

.............. average play from a top defensive player also fall solely on the coach?

In this case that is largely true. Packers offense went through Cowboys defense like crap through a goose. 

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

He is 15th in total value of his current contract which is irrelevant for the current year. This is inevitable for every QB that makes it to the final year of their deal. Dak has the second highest cap hit and is due to be the highest paid QB of all time next offseason… those are numbers that actually matter. 

The Cowboys have handled this situation horribly. He should have been extended at the latest last offseason. Letting Dak hit F/A is just malpractice. The only thing that makes sense at this point is they are planning on let him walk. If they actually let him make it to F/A and then match or beat the insane offers he is going to get… well I would laugh. 

Dak is clearly a good QB and has not showed signs of decline. I have no clue why he wasn’t extended. Then again why wasn’t Lamb extended two years ago and why hasn’t Parsons been extended? It’s all very confusing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

He will be. 

He will be this year? You know Tyler Guyton might get paid one day as well, you had better start gnashing your teeth over him too. You complaining about Parsons potentially making $30M/year two years from now, while Dak sits on $40M of DEAD CAP next season is wild. 

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

Do you want to pay him that much when we could have replaced him Payton Wilson?

I know Parsons and Bosa are #1 and #2 for facing the highest % of double teams. Funny I couldn’t find Payton Wilson anywhere on the list. Bosas’ had 2 sacks in his last 6 playoff games. Sometimes good players get schemed for. 

Did you guys know JJ Wilcox could’ve been the next Darrelle Revis? Or that Tashard Choice could’ve been Andre Johnson? All we had to do is play them at a totally different position. Since no one did this, no one can disprove me. Therefore I am right 

Can I be so bold as to ask up front… what will be Dak’s excuse this year?  He’s got a well above average receiving corps, above average OL with 2 all pros.  And, he’ll have a top 5 defense.  

are we going with coaching again?  Running game?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He is 15th in total value of his current contract which is irrelevant for the current year. This is inevitable for every QB that makes it to the final year of their deal. Dak has the second highest cap hit and is due to be the highest paid QB of all time next offseason… those are numbers that actually matter. 

The Cowboys have handled this situation horribly. He should have been extended at the latest last offseason. Letting Dak hit F/A is just malpractice. The only thing that makes sense at this point is they are planning on let him walk. If they actually let him make it to F/A and then match or beat the insane offers he is going to get… well I would laugh. 

Dak is clearly a good QB and has not showed signs of decline. I have no clue why he wasn’t extended. Then again why wasn’t Lamb extended two years ago and why hasn’t Parsons been extended? It’s all very confusing. 

On point. Dallas seems to consistently paint themselves into a corner when it comes to contracts with their high end players. It’s maddening how far behind the curve they are .

• Like 1