Aaron Rodgers Announces He's Medically Cleared

HawaiiFan808

Now if all the GB cornerbacks were medically cleared to play, then they'd have something. 

Rodg gives them a massive boost, but as others have mentioned, it still may not be enough. They need some help to get into the playoffs, but who knows once the playoffs start. With Wentz's injury I think the NFC is especially open. There's a lot of parity with those top ~7 NFC teams, and I don't see any obvious favorites at all. Every one of those top teams has looked more than vulnerable at times, even recently. 

Wild cards could be a significant threat, whoever they end up being.

So many of his throws are timing throws. That's not something that comes back overnight. Although it will help that he has had the same weapons there for the past few years. 

His mere presence will help fire up the team, no doubt. 

7 hours ago, SammyBradwater said:

If the Packers lose this week, do they sit him? He's coming back awfully quickly and you have to think there's a chance he becomes Romo'd

If the Packers lose next week, I believe they'd be 100% eliminated from the playoffs. If that is true and it happens, I'd see no reason to play Rodgers those final 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If the Packers lose next week, I believe they'd be 100% eliminated from the playoffs. If that is true and it happens, I'd see no reason to play Rodgers those final 2 weeks.

Maybe not the final 2 weeks, but you best believe he will be playing against Minnesota. Primetime, Saturday Night, against the team that put him out.

Show up and show MIN that they’re winning the division this year because of his absence. (no disrespect to the Vikes who are a hell of a team this year)

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

Maybe not the final 2 weeks, but you best believe he will be playing against Minnesota. Primetime, Saturday Night, against the team that put him out.

Show up and show MIN that they’re winning the division this year because of his absence. (no disrespect to the Vikes who are a hell of a team this year)

As an Eagles fan who wants the 1st seed I'd love nothing more than that!

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

Not necessarily true depending on how some other games play out. But chances would be very slim

Yeah you're right, looking into it I believe they would need to lose AND the Falcons to win (at Bucs) to be mathematically eliminated. That would give the Panthers 10 wins, and make the Falcons and Saints both at least 9 win teams, and both of them would beat out the Packers via tiebreakers.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He’d play. 

He wont risk pulling a Marty B. 

6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Yup, Packers DBs decimated again this year. Just like the crew that limped into ATL last year in the playoffs

Outside of King and possibly Burnett, you can't blame it on injuries though. 

one of the big differences between this year and last year is that the entire secondary, performance wise, has taken a big step backwards. Save for maybe Burnett. He has actually played equally OK this year compared to last when he's kept closer or inside the box but he does have a few bruises that he has had to deal with too. Randall, House and Rollins have all sucked even worse than they did last season and they were terrible. HHCD is having the worst season of his career and has been a major liability in the backfield. IMO, his regression has been the Packers defense biggest reason for their failures as a whole this year, player performance wise that is. Kevin King -who played pretty well this year for a rookie, given the circumstances- has been the Packers best DB(which isn't saying much) and he's gone for the season due to injury. 

So you can't blame it on injuries in the secondary. You can blame the FO for wasting 1st and 2nd round picks on Randall and Rollins, IIRC. You can put blame it on Capers for his inability to adjust his scheme. Hell, you can even blame McCarthy for not properly analyzing his own roster by not starting King over Rollins at CB to start the season. Instead of doing his usual "I don't like to start starters".

You cannot blame it on injuries. 

Its a shame that they probably will miss out on the playoffs, because with Aaron Rodgers, they are clearly a top contender in the NFC.

And before someone says it... no, expanding the number of playoff teams is most definitely NOT the answer.

Archived