Who do you want as the Steelers new Offensive Coordinator?

I’ll second that this hire feels a lot better  if Munchak comes with him.

Also, maybe my expectations were lower than others, but if Kenny can play as well as Tannehill under Smith that’s better than I thought he could be.

Now if you are in the school of thought a Kubiak could make Kenny the next Purdy I get the disappointment.

• Like 1

I think they need to hire a quarterback coach or someone to help out with the passing game. I'm not sold on Arthur Smith's route concepts. There's nothing that screams innovation. Allow Smith to be the OC & play caller but hire Thomas Brown to design passing concepts based off Smith's scheme.

• Like 1

Just now, August4th said:

plenty of examples of guys who were terrible head coaches, but solid coordinators. **** leBeau coached a 2-14 bengals team with a defense last in point 2 yrs before we hired him back as a DC in 04

True but we had studs at every level that he could coach and develop. Also the game was different back there it was more condensed. Now the game is a spread game so **** Lebeau would struggle against these new age offenses.

Just now, August4th said:

sounds like smith was a hot commodity for OC and Tomlin didn't want to risk losing him to someone else

Where you seeing he was a hot commodity?

11 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I think they need to hire a quarterback coach or someone to help out with the passing game. I'm not sold on Arthur Smith's route concepts. There's nothing that screams innovation. Allow Smith to be the OC & play caller but hire Thomas Brown to design passing concepts based off Smith's scheme.

I think that’s one of the big questions that should go into the offensive staff.  Are we going to open this up to more and expand the staff and spread out responsibility?  I’m not confident in that but would love to be proven wrong here.

10 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

True but we had studs at every level that he could coach and develop. Also the game was different back there it was more condensed. Now the game is a spread game so **** Lebeau would struggle against these new age offenses.

That’s Lebeau specifically but there’s also guys like Wade Phillips, Todd Haley, and many others who are really good coordinators who shouldn’t be anything more.  Hopefully Smith is one of those where he’s just an incredible coordinator but the responsibility of overseeing the whole team is just too much.

the year DH went for 2K, that titans offense also almost had two guys go over 1K yards in receiving. Cory Davis had 984 yards. I think DJ/GP talented enough to be on a tier with 2020 AJ brown/Corey Davis

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2