Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Thought he missed a game early in the year too but agree with kolt

It just seemed like he missed a game earlier in the season because McDaniels wasn’t using him and Jimmy wasn’t getting the ball to him

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC you were against stroud last year because QBs from that system never work out. Lmfao. 

You’re expecting AP to break a 2.5 decade trend across multiple teams in an NFL setting 

Yeah and I'm not anointing Stroud based on 1 season either. 

If he was the Raiders QB and crapped the bed like he just did, you'd be calling to trade him and draft someone else

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

See ya Bo. New day on O!

Edwards? Hmm. Seemed like he did good. Our DT’s were completely trash on paper, yet the eye test our DL wrecked in many games. 

But thank god Bo and Jerry are gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah and I'm not anointing Stroud based on 1 season either. 

If he was the Raiders QB and crapped the bed like he just did, you'd be calling to trade him and draft someone else

So it’s okay for you to make generalizations based on other players coming into the draft. But 2+ decades of interim coaches failing in the actual NFL means nothing, gotcha. 

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I think we may have different definitions of ideas?

Our defensive core is definitely worthy of competing and are a few pieces away from being elite. 

Our offense, I don't think has a "core". A core would consist of a QB who ties everything together and we don't have that. For instance, a QB who just runs like fields wouldnt make a core with Adams and Jacobs. So, I don't think there is an offensive "core", I think we have pieces that can make a core, that's up to our GM to do and Pierce to develop. 

A core of players is a group you build around. We will almost certainly keep the majority of our offensive starters going into next season. So again this hire points to Mark believing this team is a piece or two away from competing. Or why are you trying to build on it with an interim coach?

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You're expecting Caleb to break a 3+ decade trend across multiple teams in an NFL setting. 

He’s a Lincoln Riley guy, those guys have had success in the NFL. We’ll probably see Caleb/Kyler/Baker/Hurts sign contracts worth over $1B total within the next few seasons. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So it’s okay for you to make generalizations based on other players coming into the draft. But 2+ decades of interim coaches failing in the actual NFL means nothing, gotcha. 

I'm not the one making the argument, you are. It isn't my position to defend, it's yours. If you can't or are unwilling to, let me know and we'll chalk it up to the other verbal vomit you post. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A core of players is a group you build around. We will almost certainly keep the majority of our offensive starters going into next season. So again this hire points to Mark believing this team is a piece or two away from competing. Or why are you trying to build on it with an interim coach?

I disagree. I don't believe we have a core group of players (on offense) to build around. 

The fact that AP did what he did with a crappy offense outside Adams, is THE reason he kept him and how he earned it. 

I don't think Mark thinks that at all, I think he thinks the opposite. Our offense needs pieces, (OR a QB to tie everything together) and not many people could go 5-4 with a rookie 4th round QB and a patch work o-line, an injured star RB (who's now a free agent). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I disagree. I don't believe we have a core group of players (on offense) to build around. 

The fact that AP did what he did with a crappy offense outside Adams, is THE reason he kept him and how he earned it. 

I don't think Mark thinks that at all, I think he thinks the opposite. Our offense needs pieces, (OR a QB to tie everything together) and not many people could go 5-4 with a rookie 4th round QB and a patch work o-line, an injured star RB (who's now a free agent). 

I disagree with you. Lol.

Having 5 good players is a core in my opinion. Adams, Meyers, Miller, Z. White, Mayer is a good core in my opinion. Those are all players that have another 3 good years in them. We legit need to add a competent QB and our offense is capable of being in the top third of scoring in the league. We almost saw that with Carr (not great, competent). Our offense was 13th in PPG in 2022.