Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Who is their best player?

Kyle Hamilton, imo. I think he bring more in terms of skill and consistency at what he does than Jackson does. I firmly believe that the defense is significantly better with him in the lineup and would take a bigger drop without him than the Ravens offense would if Lamar and his inability to consistently play QB as a QB missed significant time. 

Lamar will get the nod because of the position he plays, but I think many QBs could step in and play QB for the Ravens and have the same level of success or better. His passing numbers have always been, and remain, exceptionally pedestrian. The Ravens knew that and that's why they made him available. The rest of the NFL knew that and that's why nobody bothered. 

The Ravens success this year simply wasn't due to Lamar Jackson's performance, nor was his performance really a significant factor. The Ravens success as a team overall had more to do with their QB being gifted the MVP award than their QB's performance. And Kyle Hamilton's impact on the defense, imo, was a larger factor towards their success. 

Personally, I also think CJ Stroud should have gotten MVP. I think he was the most valuable single player on a single team across the league and all positions to lead a team to a lot of success. It was warranted both statistically for him on an individual level, his impact on his team's performance, and both of those relative to his peers. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You and @ronjon1990 were clowning me for saying Lamar was an MVP level QB. You said Carr should be just as highly valued and that I got all of my information from TV, then Lamar proceeded to win MVP for the best team in the NFL while Carr and the Saints flopped.

I remember the info on TV stuff forsure(I still believe that lol)

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Imagine hating on a two time MVP while being a Derek Carr Stan. I legitimately haven’t had cable in over a decade.

Theres always youtube colin cowherd undisputed and first take for you on youtube.

Edited by Jeremy408

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sucked in the playoffs and couldn't get the job done when it really mattered. 

You said he wasn't an MVP level QB, he has two of them. He was good against Houston, Zay Flowers fumble cost them the Chiefs game, tell me you don't watch the games without telling me....