GDT Week 15 - GB @ CAR. A. A. - Ron Returns

skibrett15

Me thinks too many people may still be hungover from the 2011 Superb Owl.....Got into the playoffs and had to play three road games (same as last year)....That was a miracle run and season....Aaron Rodgers coming back won't make our secondary and pass rush better....Even though he may keep opposing offenses off the field with long time consuming drives.....We all know Carolina and Minnesota have had great success getting at the quarterback.....Since his SB win, Aaron Rodgers has something like a 5-6 record in the playoffs and 0-2 in his last two NFCC games....And even if we win out and go 10-6, no guarantee we will even make the playoffs.....At the end of the day, I just hope Packer fans aren't setting themselves up for a big disappointment.....

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

At the end of the day, I just hope Packer fans aren't setting themselves up for a big disappointment.....

Are you worried about some "fans" using this board as their digital diaper if things don't work out ?

Please note: Nothing you say will stop them. Might as well sit back and enjoy the extended ride the football gods have granted us. 

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Are you worried about some "fans" using this board as their digital diaper if things don't work out ?

Please note: Nothing you say will stop them. Might as well sit back and enjoy the extended ride the football gods have granted us. 

Nah, just concerned people are living in the past and potentially hanging on to a false hope.....The news is out, the league knows how much better the Packers are with Rodgers at the helm....I anticipate the teams we're playing will adjust accordingly.....Especially Minnesota, they would like nothing more than to sweep us this year and bump us from playoff contention....Remember when Lovie Smith played soft on us, letting the Packers into the playoffs in 2010-11?....In turn, we returned the favor by knocking them out in the NFCC game....Point is, not everybody will play GB soft the next three games....Especially since all three are vying for playoff spots...

4 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Me thinks too many people may still be hungover from the 2011 Superb Owl.....Got into the playoffs and had to play three road games (same as last year)....That was a miracle run and season....Aaron Rodgers coming back won't make our secondary and pass rush better....Even though he may keep opposing offenses off the field with long time consuming drives.....We all know Carolina and Minnesota have had great success getting at the quarterback.....Since his SB win, Aaron Rodgers has something like a 5-6 record in the playoffs and 0-2 in his last two NFCC games....And even if we win out and go 10-6, no guarantee we will even make the playoffs.....At the end of the day, I just hope Packer fans aren't setting themselves up for a big disappointment.....

If he doesn't go 3 and out 10 times a game like Hundley, that's not true.

5 hours ago, Green19 said:

Love that Rodgers referenced getting Jordy going this week. You can tell he is upset that he wasn’t being used more in the passing game haha.

Couple of things...

1) getting jordy going means fewer runs, and less commitment to the run game, and less commitment to Adams as the focal point of the passing game. 

2) It was so blatantly obvious how much better Adams is than Jordy while Hundley was passing.  I'm hopeful Jordy can play the slot position and get matched up against the panthers LBs.  He has a chance to win there that Cobb doesn't because he has good enough size and stresses them vertically up the seam. 

3) Also starting to feel like Allison is just as much of a playmaker as Cobb, and that our 11 personnel should be adams, jordy in the slot, kendricks, Jones, and Allison. A lot of the running success was either zone read (consider that play all but scrapped) or 2 back runs.  I think Rodgers prefers 11 personnel because he can go no huddle to stress substitutions and catch 12 men.  Interesting to see how we'll incorporate WIlliams into the Rodgers offense.

4) Williams and Jones are going to be back into warp speed with Rodgers running the Offense, and they are gonna make mistakes, rookie dumb mistakes in pass pro and missed plays.

With the defense GB is fielding I still say that the Pack should be giving a heavy dose of the run each game they play. Rodgers is lethal in the red zone, so focus on efficiency and managing the clock so the defense is forced to make 3-4 stops a game instead of 12-13 (which will never happen). With Rodgers health (there's no doubt he isn't 100% yet), stop with the long developing plays and instead bash them with the run and use PA to set up the long stuff. I mean, they could already be planning to do this. I'm just saying, it would be nice to see.

18 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

have to be careful... our 2015 season I took my now wife and she was yelling at Panthers fans that Cam Newton is a.... err, English cigarette. Tempers flared.

OMG   xD  I had to look that up!   

4 hours ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

With the defense GB is fielding I still say that the Pack should be giving a heavy dose of the run each game they play. Rodgers is lethal in the red zone, so focus on efficiency and managing the clock so the defense is forced to make 3-4 stops a game instead of 12-13 (which will never happen). With Rodgers health (there's no doubt he isn't 100% yet), stop with the long developing plays and instead bash them with the run and use PA to set up the long stuff. I mean, they could already be planning to do this. I'm just saying, it would be nice to see.

Having a more effective offense will keep our defense from playing so many snaps.  I'm sure defenses will want to get after Aaron but they also have to account for our running game now.  They can no longer load up the box to stop the run and dare our QB to beat them with his arm!

5 hours ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Yep. With Rodgers back, it should open things up for the run game more. Control TOP and keep the defense fresh and more importantly off the field as much as possible.

Archived