2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

Just now, 3rivers said:

I just caught the last bit of this game. Anyone want to give be a quick breakdown of what happened, if TO's were the deciding factor etc..... 

Lamar played bad.

Ravens refused to run the ball all night (6 rushing attempts I think)

Zay Flowers fumble on the 1 yard line recovered in the end zone.

Lamar INT into triple coverage when they were in FG range.

Just an overall poop sandwich by the offense.

• Like 3

I know it's a message board and it's supposed to be fun to have different opinions.

But I will entertain zero AFC discussion this off-season that doesn't include that the Chiefs completely owning the AFC.

Mahomes is 2nd prime LeBron and the AFC is the Eastern Conference. Complete and total ownership.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And to be fair, there was ZERO attempt to give him any help within the game plan. We ran the ball I think 6 total times? All of our passes were long-developing routes once again.

Even KC stayed balanced and Mahomes was throwing screens left and right and short, quick passes.

I don't understand why we just go "okay Lamar play hero ball even though we already know you're not good in situations where you have to do everything"

Trolls will blame Lamar which he deserves some criticism but i think other people not named Lamar should shoulder more of the blame.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

There's no real correlation between MVP and postseason success. Rodgers missed the Super Bowl for each of his award-winning seasons. 

Yeah. It still sounds bad to me though when I view it the way I do. 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

I just caught the last bit of this game. Anyone want to give be a quick breakdown of what happened, if TO's were the deciding factor etc..... 

Everyone was chippy and both sides committed stupid penalties. Mahomes and Jackson both made some magic happen, but both defenses played amazing football. KC had terrible special teams most of the game. Ravens made two big mistakes (fumble on the goal line, interception in the end zone), while KC did not.

• Like 1

Just now, Sad People said:

Trolls will blame Lamar which he deserves some criticism but i think other people not named Lamar should shoulder more of the blame.

Todd Monken absolutely crapped he bed today. I expected some adjustments at halftime but we got none. No attempt to come out and run the ball or throw quick passes to counter all the blitzing.

I'm just speechless.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

I know it's a message board and it's supposed to be fun to have different opinions.

But I will entertain zero AFC discussion this off-season that doesn't include that the Chiefs completely owning the AFC.

Mahomes is 2nd prime LeBron and the AFC is the Eastern Conference. Complete and total ownership.

Be wary of the "Chiefs are hurt" talk... Fools everyone every year. 

Just now, Sad People said:

Nah, Lamar deserves the crictism. He had bad pass after bad pass and threw into triple coverage for an INT when he had a chance to actually do something worthwhile. He was just mediocre all day.

1 minute ago, Sad People said:

Lamar and Flowers were the only people that showed up for the Ravens offense, and Flowers sometimes showed up in ways he shouldn't. Lamar is the only reason the Ravens scored a single point today.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I wonder how different this all plays out if Flowers holds onto the ball. Ravens defense was dominating and the offense would have actually had some momentum.

Ravens win by 3. Totally comfortable with that assessment