2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Todd Monken absolutely crapped he bed today. I expected some adjustments at halftime but we got none. No attempt to come out and run the ball or throw quick passes to counter all the blitzing.

I'm just speechless.

We definitely dared Baltimore to pass. And they said okay, repeatedly, all game long.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is what scares me the most...

Was it though? Perhaps the most unbalanced one but it reminds me of the 4 Manning Broncos teams, it was the one with the best defense that won it all. And then Mahomes can preserve himself and just make a few of his signature plays and win games putting up 24 or less rather than having to score 24 or more every time.

Maybe the Chiefs finally figured that out. Of course, they will get a weapon or two but this team structure could actually be good for them.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I wonder how different this all plays out if Flowers holds onto the ball. Ravens defense was dominating and the offense would have actually had some momentum.

I actually think we still win. The last few drives we tried to just run clock. That changes if they do score there.

• Like 1

Just now, lancerman said:

Nah, Lamar deserves the crictism. He had bad pass after bad pass and threw into triple coverage for an INT when he had a chance to actually do something worthwhile. He was just mediocre all day.

He was alone out there, but he was so indecisive. Monken called a weird game against the constant blitz, but Lamar just didn't want to run. And when he did run, he waited 2 seconds too long and a should have been 10+ yarder was instead a 5 yarder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar played bad.

Ravens refused to run the ball all night (6 rushing attempts I think)

Zay Flowers fumble on the 1 yard line recovered in the end zone.

Lamar INT into triple coverage when they were in FG range.

Just an overall poop sandwich by the offense.

Great breakdown of the game was at the gym and caught glimpses. I saw that int 

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I could be wrong but I believe Brady's MVP seasons all ended ringless too. 2007, 2010, 2017 no?

Between Kurt Warner in 1999 and Patrick Mahomes last year, no MVP won the Super Bowl. 

Brady made it in 07 and 17. Peyton Manning made it in 09 and 13. Kurt Warner made it again in 2001. Rich Gannon made it in 2002. Cam Newton made it in 15. Matt Ryan made it in 16. 

• Like 1