2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

Also I’ve seen a lot of “there’s no shame in losing to Mahomes in the playoffs” this week as cover for Josh Allen and Or Sean McDermott in the national sport shows so I wonder if the same courtesy will be extended to Lamar Jackson/John Harbaugh if they lose. 

Edited by CP3MVP

44 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The whole dumping champagne(?) on people after a game thing comes to mind first and foremost, but there's a long list.

It’s odd how the only people I see complaining about this are non-Chiefs fans

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Idk man I just can't begin to pretend to care about that -- just kind of seems like she's being a genuine person/getting fired up about her husband's success instead of calculating her every move for a camera. If you're not slightly insufferable about your spouse's success then you're not doing it right. 

Trying to turn Mahomes into some sort of villain kind of just seems like the fan version of the whole "they didn't believe in you Mahomes" fake underdog thing. There's enough juice in this for real without forcing fake stuff into it - he's a good dude with a loving wife and I hope he has the worst day of his professional life on Sunday. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

This is so funny it’s hilarious. The depths of this joke reaches the heart. Legit mad I didn’t think of this.

Haha tbf I'm pretty sure I've never heard my cousin or any of my Baltimore family call it "the Bank", but it still made me laugh

38 minutes ago, Nightime said:

It’s odd how the only people I see complaining about this are non-Chiefs fans

Dante Hall did the same thing last year when we beat the Bengals and nobody gave a damn too.

People who want to hate will find reasons to do so. It's as simple as that.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Also I’ve seen a lot of “there’s no shame in losing to Mahomes in the playoffs” this week as cover for Josh Allen and Or Sean McDermott in the national sport shows so I wonder if the same courtesy will be extended to Lamar Jackson/John Harbaugh if they lose. 

I imagine they'll be a little harsher just given that Baltimore is objectively a much better team than Buffalo right now. Like, the expectations should be higher, there. But there have been plenty criticizing Allen and McDermott too, anyway.

38 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Idk man I just can't begin to pretend to care about that -- just kind of seems like she's being a genuine person/getting fired up about her husband's success instead of calculating her every move for a camera. If you're not slightly insufferable about your spouse's success then you're not doing it right. 

Trying to turn Mahomes into some sort of villain kind of just seems like the fan version of the whole "they didn't believe in you Mahomes" fake underdog thing. There's enough juice in this for real without forcing fake stuff into it - he's a good dude with a loving wife and I hope he has the worst day of his professional life on Sunday. 

Not trying to turn Patrick into a villain, I just don't like Brittany or his brother. Even in Netflix's show "Quarterback", Patrick seemed really normal and down to earth while Brittany is insufferably annoying.

And that's just one example, there's a laundry list of other things but that was just the thing that jumped to the top of my head. If that sort of stuff doesn't bother you, that's totally fine too!

I don't like how some ravens fan are talking about andrews returning 

Offense averaged 30 with and without him. 

Before he went down zay was leading in targets, and zay was also on pace for around 1k yards, once andrews went down teams focused on zay. With andrews back they'll have to focus on him.

3 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

I don't like how some ravens fan are talking about andrews returning 

Offense averaged 30 with and without him. 

Before he went down zay was leading in targets, and zay was also on pace for around 1k yards, once andrews went down teams focused on zay. With andrews back they'll have to focus on him.

I'm just worried the offense will lose rhythm, or mainly Lamar will try to force feed Andrews.

9 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I've always been a Lamar Jackson fan, so putting my support behind him and the Ravens the rest of this playoff run.  Baltamore gonna run away with this. 

sWKwve5.gif

PUT THE MONEY ON THE CHIEFS..

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 1