2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It wasn't, but if you can't show up in games that matter maybe that is who you are?

The only way to cast those spirits aways is to be back in the same place and finish it off. That can haunt a player/team/franchise for years. 

I know what I'm talking about with the Chargers, hundreds of players, handful of coaches, and still the same feeling.

Come back to this spot, beat the snot out of everyone in the process and cast all doubts away.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Doesn't pick off nearly as many passes, but gives up so much less in return. And Sneed can tackle in ways that Peters couldn't even imagine.

I think what changed it for Sneed this year, was that he had enough time in the league that they let him play and didn't call ticky tack stuff on him. Which is how he plays, aggressive with his hands and he flourished in it.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

We have so many DBs walk in recent years, and I've been perfectly fine with all of them.

I would do some things to keep Sneed in KC though. That guy is legit. Ward was very good, Mathieu was a great leader, Fuller was awesome. Sneed is the best CB I've seen on the Chiefs in my life, and it might not be close.

In all seriousness, Merritt is absolutely amazing. We're a DB factory right now, and like 90% of the guys we get playing at a high level are day 3 picks. McDuffie is the only high investment guy. We seem to turn any DB with a pulse into a plus player. Except Mike Hughes.

I’m pretty surprised he’s not mentioned more in for DC positions. He’s has the DBs for you guys playing at an extremely high level all year and has a history of coaching and developing guys.

I also have an extra interest in his success because my mom and uncles actually know him and went to high school with him.

1 minute ago, Habbsawce said:

He might want to leave just for the sake of it. I don't think Veach wants to pay what he wants, when he figures he can just draft someone.

If I'm being honest, both might walk and they'll spend the money on WR's instead.

I don’t think you can let Snead walk. That would be a massive lost 

1 minute ago, Habbsawce said:

If I'm being honest, both might walk and they'll spend the money on WR's instead.

I feel like they would of just kept Tyreek if they were going to spend money on WR. Atleast from an outside perspective.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Todd Monken absolutely crapped he bed today. I expected some adjustments at halftime but we got none. No attempt to come out and run the ball or throw quick passes to counter all the blitzing.

I'm just speechless.

KC aren't good vs the run IIRC too, so that's not looking good either. 

Was this  the Ravens window, or will they be able to keep most of this team next year?

Just now, Sad People said:

I feel like they would of just kept Tyreek if they were going to spend money on WR. Atleast from an outside perspective.

Agreed. We'll keep one of Sneed or Jones at high dollar. And then we'll add maybe one or two mid-tier guys, and some bargain bin free agents, like we do every year.

• Like 1

Hats off to Mahomes Kelce and the KC D / Spags. 

For BAL - the literal definition of irony - they likely win this game if Greg Roman is their OC.   Both TO’s were back breakers but the game plan was literally the exact opposite of how you beat the KC D.    If you tell me KC scores 17 I give BAL the win 10/10x.  

KC top ranked pass D and 20th range by DVOA.    And BAL runs it 15x with 2 by Flowers & 4 scrambles by Lamar.    What on earth were the Ravens thinking in planning this game.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Chiefs get a home game for the Super Bowl at Arrowhead West.

I believe we'll be the first team (along with the NFC champion) to play in a playoff game in Allegiant Stadium, right?

Seems fitting.

Oh, I think we're even the home team this time too. So that's just amazing.