2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

17 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

For me it just kind of showed Patrick's true colors when things don't go his way. Life has been on easy mode basically in the NFL until this year where they're facing adversity and the second something didn't go his way he threw a temper tantrum about it. I lost some respect for him for that for sure, especially because they were blatantly wrong.

Dude's lost 25 times in his career. Some of them far more important and far more painful than that Bills game. And he's been a bad sport about it once. I'm fine with people who don't like how he handled it. I didn't like how he handled it. But what makes it just come across as melodramatic hate, to me, is stuff like the bold. This is the kind of thing you get from people who want to have a reason to not like him. Rather than think the dude let his emotions get the best of him once in 25 losses, 112 career games, no, he's showing his true colors. The 4% or <1% of how he has shown up is who he truly is. That's just hating.

Call it out, hold the man accountable, he apologized and I have little doubt he and Allen are cool given their relationship. But that shouldn't erase the overwhelming majority of his career when he's been a class act.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Dude's lost 25 times in his career. Some of them far more important and far more painful than that Bills game. And he's been a bad sport about it once. I'm fine with people who don't like how he handled it. I didn't like how he handled it. But what makes it just come across as melodramatic hate, to me, is stuff like the bold. This is the kind of thing you get from people who want to have a reason to not like him. Rather than think the dude let his emotions get the best of him once in 25 losses, 112 career games, no, he's showing his true colors. The 4% or <1% of how he has shown up is who he truly is. That's just hating.

Call it out, hold the man accountable, he apologized and I have little doubt he and Allen are cool given their relationship. But that shouldn't erase the overwhelming majority of his career when he's been a class act.

I didn't mind the outburst vs the Bills as, yeah, the amplitude of it was atypical for him. And it's unreasonable to say we know who any of these players are as people. But I will not concede my negative stance on Mahomes' in-game behavior (that stems from his constistent whining for calls). It's really a nothingburger because who cares at the end of the day, but it is what it is, and it's off-putting.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

25 losses throughout an 7 year NFL career is an insanely high win %, and why I said he hasn't really faced adversity (a tough season on the whole) until this year, and this year in that instance, to me, he really showed how he can't handle losing. I don't have any reason to not like Mahomes. They don't have a rivalry with Baltimore, he's generally a likeable guy, but that one instance really just rubbed me the wrong way, especially since like I said they were just blatantly wrong in the first place.

The majority of his career they've been winning and winning easily. They've won 12 or more games every single year since he became the starter except this year lmao. My mind isn't gonna change on this situation, and I truly believe that he showed who he is when he's not constantly winning.

We're all criticizing Patrick but let's not forget that Lamar ain't exactly an angel either

[scrambles for anything no need to fact check]

That's a lot of words and I just see RICO so I'm going to assume Mr. Mob Boss Lamar Jackson was running some high level international copyright infringement rackets with his Ravens goons. Probably even broke some ankles for non-payment.

Mob Boss or One-Time Poor Patrick who made an honest mistake?

You guys decide.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

25 losses throughout an 7 year NFL career is an insanely high win %, and why I said he hasn't really faced adversity (a tough season on the whole) until this year, and this year in that instance, to me, he really showed how he can't handle losing. I don't have any reason to not like Mahomes. They don't have a rivalry with Baltimore, he's generally a likeable guy, but that one instance really just rubbed me the wrong way, especially since like I said they were just blatantly wrong in the first place.

The majority of his career they've been winning and winning easily. They've won 12 or more games every single year since he became the starter except this year lmao. My mind isn't gonna change on this situation, and I truly believe that he showed who he is when he's not constantly winning.

I agree, he can’t handle losing. Doesn’t tolerate it

He still always shakes the opponent’s hand after the game, but he despises losing. Hope he never changes

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The 25 losses was not referenced to suggest he loses a ton. Obviously he doesn't. But there is precedent for him losing. There's no reason to think one regular season loss is demonstration of the fact that he can't be professional when losing when he was fine for the other 21 regular season and 3 postseason ones. This is like judging a guy for one late hit as dirty after 100 legal tackles that year. Heck, I'm sure we've all had a bad post here and there, but that doesn't define us as people on this site. They're human. They can have lapses in judgment, moments of emotion, make mistakes. It just shows a lack of understanding and empathy to judge who they are as human beings off of those single moments.

But hey, you said you're not going to change your mind. I guess that just is who you are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

and I truly believe that he showed who he is when he's not constantly winning.

At the end of the day I don't really care if anyone likes the guy or not, free country and all, but please explain "who he is". Like he's just a poor sport underneath or he's walking around KC murdering homeless people when he's not winning? Like, the guy lost his brain for a half hour in his 28 year old life and acted completely irrational by coming unglued on a ref but he didn't kill anyone.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

At the end of the day I don't really care if anyone likes the guy or not, free country and all, but please explain "who he is". Like he's just a poor sport underneath or he's walking around KC murdering homeless people when he's not winning? Like, the guy lost his brain for a half hour in his 28 year old life and acted completely irrational by coming unglued on a ref but he didn't kill anyone.

There was someone in the “Chiefs = villain” thread (my 4th thread on the subject lol) implying that he lives in the area and has heard very disturbing things about Mahomes… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

There was someone in the “Chiefs = villain” thread (my 4th thread on the subject lol) implying that he lives in the area and has heard very disturbing things about Mahomes… 

Lol oh yeah I remember that. Had all this insider info that he wouldn't divulge, conveniently right after that Bills game. 🤔

"Pat The Ripper!" cleaning the streets of KC after every loss 😂

• Like 1

Honestly @Jakuvious and @Chiefs_5627 Mahomes is embracing his role as the villain now, he’s lived long enough and won enough to become one. Theres no changing these people’s minds, he’s the new Brady to the majority of America.

So he’s learning to embrace the dark, and it’s just more fuel to that furnace of ambition. 

• Like 1