Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)

The Gnat

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, domepatrol91 said:

I'm also looking at that HP game for the wifey.

We own Arkham Horror. It's a little heavy and can take a while but it's really fun, it's a coop game too. Usually our group consists of my wife, her brother and I, sometimes my mother in law too. You can also play alone which is really nice for learning the game so you can explain the rules to others, but I've never felt so alone as playing Arkham Horror and drinking whiskey at 10am, all on my lonesome.

Question: When you play Arkham horror by yourself, do you control one investigator, or multiple investigators in case one dies (so you can keep going)

8 hours ago, MathMan said:

Got Arkham Horror.

Arkham Horror LCG or Arkham Horror Board game? I'm thinking the LCG.

I haven't played it yet, but I own both of them. I like the board game, but it's so long, so I've wanted more accessible Lovecraftian world with the LCG.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Arkham Horror LCG or Arkham Horror Board game? I'm thinking the LCG.

I haven't played it yet, but I own both of them. I like the board game, but it's so long, so I've wanted more accessible Lovecraftian world with the LCG.

Lcg. Looks cool.

10 hours ago, MathMan said:

Cool. I have the base version, so I think I can only use 2 players (but maybe not), but I definitely want to use as many as I can, so if some die, they stay dead.

That’s all I have too... haven’t played in like a year.. I’ll get it out of the closet today and figure out how I was setting it up, but I think there was a setup in the book showing how you could play with multiple (over 2) characters

Edited by domepatrol91

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

That’s all I have too... haven’t played in like a year.. I’ll get it out of the closet today and figure out how I was setting it up, but I think there was a setup in the book showing how you could play with multiple (over 2) characters

I believe that requires two copies of the base game, from what I remember about it. That gives you enough cards, otherwise you don't have enough of the base cards to have more than two.

3 hours ago, MathMan said:

Lcg. Looks cool.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Cool, yeah with that one it's that you control two investigators if you are playing solo.

Yeah I have the board game (the one I linked to on page 1) so I can’t help out a ton there...

the card game is on my wishlist though.

Edited by domepatrol91

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Played Exit: The Game - Secret Lab with some friends the other night. Lot of fun. Took an extra 30 minute though since one friend messed up the first/easiest clue ¬¬

Played one of these games at the Fantasy Flight Game Center from their game shelf, this made it a whole lot trickier. That said, I liked the one that I played.

18 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Can you play by yourself?

Nope.  It's a 2-something game.  I'm moving to a different state in April where I know a lot more people, so I'll just wait until then.  I've literally never in my life even more excited for any kid of game.