Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)

The Gnat

Yeah for me Ankh was more about the minis than the game. My wife saw them and said she wants to paint them. Likely some of the larger ones will end up as home decor. They just added small pyramid minis and I can also re-purpose those for Starfinder as Goa'uld like space ships.

My King of Tokyo Dark purchase was to support the LGS as they did Curbside pickup.

I bought The Crew because I had also heard good things about it. It will likely be awhile before I get to play since it is a minimum of 3 and currently just the wife and I at home. I will let you know once it makes it to the table.

We got Chronicles of Crime a few months back but haven't played it yet. Got it along with a wave of others at Barnes and Noble since my wife works there and gets a 30% discount.

The LGS had been closed for about 2 weeks but recently reopened this week for more Curb Side Pickup. I'm checking to see if they have Forgotten Waters available and will likely go pick that up later today.

44 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I'm checking to see if they have Forgotten Waters available and will likely go pick that up later today.

That one I ordered as a pre-order. I think they pushed back the release until May or June? I'm excited for it though, I love crossroads games, and this one, as compared to Gen7 seems like it match up with praise for Dead of Winter.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:01 AM, The Gnat said:

Frosthaven is over $5 mil now in less than a day.

As for my gaming, I played Gloomhaven on Tabletop Simulator last night, I wouldn't recommend playing the expansion stuff there. The issue is it isn't fully programmed for that it seems, so you are trying to set-up the board more by guessing than anything else, and the whole thing was a pain. We were on there for 2.5 hours and got .25 of a scenario done. Most of that time was set-up. We'll see if we try again in two weeks or possibly we'll meet in person. Part of me doesn't want to try it again on there, even though we have the state saved so we can pick up, because it is way less fun, and I don't want my favorite game to feel less fun.

My GH group is on hold, for obvious reasons right now. How is TTS for GH overall? None of us own TTS, but a four pack isn't too bad.....

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

My GH group is on hold, for obvious reasons right now. How is TTS for GH overall? None of us own TTS, but a four pack isn't too bad.....

If you're in the base game, it's some set-up for the characters that'll take a while the first time. If you're in the expansion, every scenario takes a long time to set-up, which was annoying, and the game play is definitely slower. However, the base game is scripted so that means that the set-up of the board and layout of everything is just picking the scenario from the book and it'll do all the work for you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Frosthaven has done it, it's sitting at 12.4 mil. So that's #1 for board games, and I think it's #3 overall in terms of Kickstarter money which is just crazy. Still 3 hours to go.

I was tempted, but I can't see how I'll play it for years. And, I'd rather find another D&D group than another 'haven group....

4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I was tempted, but I can't see how I'll play it for years. And, I'd rather find another D&D group than another 'haven group....

We've wrapped up base Gloomhaven so we'll have about a year, I'd think to play another game with the dedicated group and then come March of 2021, we'll decide if we want to start Frosthaven. I like that there seem to be changes, and the city building seems really cool.

• Like 1

15 hours to go and Ankh is about to hit $3M.

I went with $155.

$100 Base Game plus all KS exclusives

$30 Double sided playmat. Probably to sell later for profit

$25 Upgraded Components for all 12 Gods.

This way I can get the expansions later probably at a cheaper cost.

Edited by SirA1

14 hours ago, SirA1 said:

2 hours to go and Ankh is at $3.24M. 

I think $3.35M is the final SG for a box for the extra Minis.

So $100+SH for 175 Miniatures. Not a bad deal.

Yeah, that wasn't a bad price for that. Wasn't there an "all-in" with some expansions so that total was a little bit higher? Definitely didn't balloon like some CMON kickstarters do where you start at $90 plus shipping and end at $250 with shipping and everything.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, that wasn't a bad price for that. Wasn't there an "all-in" with some expansions so that total was a little bit higher? Definitely didn't balloon like some CMON kickstarters do where you start at $90 plus shipping and end at $250 with shipping and everything.

The all in was $220 and had 3 expansions and "saved" you $35. It also didn't include the playmat another $30. So $250 if you wanted everything.

I can pick up the expansions cheaper than they were selling them for and only lose out on like 5 KS figures. Not worth the extra $120 IMO.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

The all in was $220 and had 3 expansions and "saved" you $35. It also didn't include the playmat another $30. So $250 if you wanted everything.

I can pick up the expansions cheaper than they were selling them for and only lose out on like 5 KS figures. Not worth the extra $120 IMO.

Yeah, I think that makes sense.

I did go all in on the Marvel United game, but I also love Marvel a lot so getting some specific characters that I really know was something that I wanted to do. Plus, even if the game is just okay, I'll have awesome Marvel chibi figures.

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I think that makes sense.

I did go all in on the Marvel United game, but I also love Marvel a lot so getting some specific characters that I really know was something that I wanted to do. Plus, even if the game is just okay, I'll have awesome Marvel chibi figures.

Same with all the Egyptian minis for me. I can always repurpose for RPGs.

• Like 1