Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)

The Gnat

And I backed The 7th Citadel, I really shouldn't watch playthroughs of games that are actively on Kickstarter. It's the same company that did The 7th Continent. It keeps some amount of the exploration, though maybe a little smaller scale, but has way more story to it, and more character progression. I really shouldn't look at at Kickstarter.

17 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

I picked up Aeon’s End Legacy. Anyone familiar?

I am familiar with Aeon's End War Eternal, and I own Aeon's End Legacy. I like Aeon's End War Eternal, I think it's a fun deck building game and I like that you don't shuffle the deck when you run out of cards, you just flip it over, so you can plan if you're solid at counting cards what your hands are going to be and optimize that way. I've heard that the story isn't extremely strong in Aeon's End Legacy, but the game play is a lot of fun.

19 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

My LGS had Wingspan in stock. I bought it. So far, it is just sitting around, as I haven't watched the how to play videos yet....and my wife seems uninterested right now....and most of my friends and I are not getting together right now......sigh.

I'll play, I'm only vaguely interested in it, but I feel like since it's so popular I really should try it, haha. If a game gets too popular too fast, anything from Stonemaier and the Azul games, I'm always hesitant to try them, just because I feel like it's too popular to be as good as people say it is. That's a bad reason, but the one I use.

Local LGS has their second anniversary sale, 10% off everything, over $60 purchase get an entry into winning one of six different games, so I of course swung by there yesterday to get my entry in, I picked up Skull, push your luck/bluffing game and Mariposas, Elizabeth Hargraves butterfly big box game, obviously best known for Wingspan. After watching a Mariposas playthrough, though the theme isn't my type, the game play seemed fun and interesting while also not being a game that stayed too long at the table.

Also I've gotten to game in person the last two nights.

Played Gloomhaven out on the deck in masks so that one of the players would feel comfortable, but we're one scenario away from being done with the expansion that'll probably happen outside again in a week and a half.

Last night got to play 3 games of Silver Bullet a quick card manipulation/shedding game. And four of Point Salad, a point salad style scoring game.

• Like 1

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

My gloomhaven group isn't meeting in person. I've tried to convince them we should try table top simulator......

If you are doing base Gloomhaven, there is a TTS one that is scripted for the base game, if you're in expansion that part is there, but not scripted. I know of another group that is using TTS and they are liking it.

Just now, The Gnat said:

If you are doing base Gloomhaven, there is a TTS one that is scripted for the base game, if you're in expansion that part is there, but not scripted. I know of another group that is using TTS and they are liking it.

Yup, just base. Maybe I'll try again. Hope all is well.

So, Awaken Realms/Game Found just added Crowd Funding to Game Found to go up against Kickstarter, and it looks amazing compared to the very out dated feature set that Kickstarter has, either Kickstarter is going to have to step up massive or Game Found is going to take over the Tabletop side of Crowd Funding fast.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

So, Awaken Realms/Game Found just added Crowd Funding to Game Found to go up against Kickstarter, and it looks amazing compared to the very out dated feature set that Kickstarter has, either Kickstarter is going to have to step up massive or Game Found is going to take over the Tabletop side of Crowd Funding fast.

Once they get a better following, games will move there. But, the following is so small that it is a risk.....that said. Launch on KS, and then do another version on Gamefound (for PDFS). 

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Once they get a better following, games will move there. But, the following is so small that it is a risk.....that said. Launch on KS, and then do another version on Gamefound (for PDFS). 

They have something like 350k user base from previous projects and because they are taking 0% for the pledge manager, so definitely not as huge as Kickstarter, but Awaken Realms ISS Vanguard will be pulling in about $6 million plus I'd guess.

4 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

They have something like 350k user base from previous projects and because they are taking 0% for the pledge manager, so definitely not as huge as Kickstarter, but Awaken Realms ISS Vanguard will be pulling in about $6 million plus I'd guess.

I'll amend my post.....if you are an established company, I'd switch for sure. If you are like me, and will do your first crowdfunding PDF in a couple months, you almost have to go KS.....but we'll see what happens.