Jump to content

Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Turns out buying pie and chocolate was in my future, and making lasagna.....Probably going to buy Tasha's DnD book when it comes out, we'll see. I'm much more interested in Level Up from ENWorld next year....

Yeah, Tasha's book will be one that I pick up. I have most of the core books. I don't have the Critical Role setting book, I don't have Theros, or Acquisitions Inc, that's about it. I also don't have any of the adventure modules, but I don't run them, so doesn't seem worth my investment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, Tasha's book will be one that I pick up. I have most of the core books. I don't have the Critical Role setting book, I don't have Theros, or Acquisitions Inc, that's about it. I also don't have any of the adventure modules, but I don't run them, so doesn't seem worth my investment.

Pretty much the same list for me, but I have several adventure books.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of want to own some of them just because they do have some monsters and character things that are only found in them, but it seems like a poor investment unless I can find them all cheap used, because I tried running Curse of Strahd, and I just don't love running modules I've determined.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

I kind of want to own some of them just because they do have some monsters and character things that are only found in them, but it seems like a poor investment unless I can find them all cheap used, because I tried running Curse of Strahd, and I just don't love running modules I've determined.

If you have questions about some, let me know. I own a few......like, some have REALLY good parts, but none are perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got two new games to the table last night:

Ganz Schon Clever - A nice little roll and write that offers a lot of interesting choices and combos. Game actually has some strategy and planning to it, and you can go for high scoring in a lot of different ways.

Silver Dagger - I've played Silver Amulet and Silver Bullet and I like them a lot. Silver Dagger is just more of the game, and that's not a bad thing. I think that compared to the other two, Silver Dagger would work better at the 3-4 player count, while the other two work just fine at two player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miniature Market has their Black Friday sale, there are some well known games in there, I saw the Hulk pack for Marvel Champions, Heaven & Ale, a ton of Talisman 4th Edition stuff and a whole lot more.

I ordered: Foodies, Papillon, Boomerang (roll and write), Xenoshyft: Onslaught expansion, and Heaven & Ale

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Miniature Market has their Black Friday sale, there are some well known games in there, I saw the Hulk pack for Marvel Champions, Heaven & Ale, a ton of Talisman 4th Edition stuff and a whole lot more.

I ordered: Foodies, Papillon, Boomerang (roll and write), Xenoshyft: Onslaught expansion, and Heaven & Ale

How is Mage Knight? I'm looking for a solo game......or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I played Tainted Grail digitally (not the digital version of Tainted Grail) last night. We got a few rules wrong but we had a good time, and I was fine getting them wrong because it made the session shorter and easier to get the whole first chapter and learning experience in, in the night. I really love that game, and I think with three players it was a ton of fun still, maybe more fun than solo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, The Gnat said:

I kind of want to own some of them just because they do have some monsters and character things that are only found in them, but it seems like a poor investment unless I can find them all cheap used, because I tried running Curse of Strahd, and I just don't love running modules I've determined.

They're good for stealing stuff from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...