Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)

On 3/13/2021 at 4:26 PM, SirA1 said:

We also got in a few games of Kohaku and it is nice.

I think I might have said it before, but keeping my eye out for that one. I think it's a game my wife would like.

Didn't get anything played this weekend, I should have set aside some time for it, but I did get delivered: Lost Ruins of Arnak, Cthulhu: Death May Die, and two expansions for Aeon's End. Plus someone on Facebook  Marketplace was selling their Dice Throne Adventures and the pre-painted minis for the game for $70, I wanted the minis but $60 during the campaign was too much, so I grabbed that up and am trading in ice Throne Adventures. I'm thinking I might get about $50 in store credit for that, so I'll get 16 painted minis for about $20-25.

17 hours ago, Woz said:

I assume with random people and not friends since that would suddenly lead to a lot of ex-friends.

White press? Gray press? Black press?
Favorite country?
Should Italy Lepanto always?

First game, played with some old friends including my brother. I was England. Brutally stabbed Germany in the back, and later learned it was my brother. So there’s that.

But I won, so that’s what truly matters, yeah?

2 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

First game, played with some old friends including my brother. I was England. Brutally stabbed Germany in the back, and later learned it was my brother. So there’s that.

But I won, so that’s what truly matters, yeah?

to you:

giphy.gif

to your brother:

giphy.gif

I'M SUPER EXCITED!

GenCon just moved it's dates to Sept 16-19. I will be there for sure in person. They are still doing online, but I feel like giving themselves and the vendors mainly a month and a half will work. And I'm super confident on being vaccinated by then, and that hopefully they won't try and require masks at that point. We'll see. I'm guessing they are going to limit the numbers a little bit, but we'll see what they say.

Finally got the page to load. Right now they will cap the numbers. Possibly requiring masks depending or requiring vaccinations. If they make me wear a mask and be vaccinated I'll roll it over for 2022. I don't love the vaccination requirement, but as they say it's very  much evolving at this point in time from what they have said.

I got lucky a friend spotted the game Solomon Kane on Ebay for $200, that included free shipping and the Kickstarter box. I was bummed to have missed that one on KS, as the game play seemed really interesting. The friend had just bought Solomon Kane for probably twice that much, so I gladly snatched up that copy.

Bloodborne arrives today and Solomon Kane tomorrow and then Marvel United Expansions soon, I'm going to need a bigger game room, haha, actually, game room is doing pretty well on space thus far.

Also, a question I was thinking about today, what game are you excited to play again after people have been vaccinated in a bigger group?

https://nerdologists.com/2021/03/10-board-games-i-want-to-play-after-covid/

20210325_172052.jpg

Solomon Kane comes in a big box (or two big boxes inside of that). And I got the e-mail that my Marvel United has shipped and should be here on Sunday, so another big box of stuff.

The Dusk Howlers (Successor Chapter of the Space Wolves) and the Order of the Martyred Lady Adeptus Sororitas were successful in a Border Skirmish against the Wretched contingent of Death Guard tonight. 

A good time was had by all. Slowly learning things and the armies are coming together.

Played a light game with family over the holidays. One that my parents could pick up easily and was a fun filler type of game. Ohanami by Pandasaurus. It's a drafting game where you basically are drafting cards and putting numbers in order in three columns, but you always have to increase or decrease no dropping anything into the middle. Not that unique and idea, but what made it work as the scoring, you score blue cards for 3 poitns in the first round, then blue for 3 and green for 4 the next and the final round blue for 3 green for 4, and grey for 7, plus there are pink cards that score at the end as well. It makes the drafting interesting, especially with the pink cards where they grow quickly.

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

@The Gnat

Have you posted a photo of you BG storage? Do you keep them all on shelves, in a closet, or multiple places? You must live in a mansion to house all the games you've got. 😆

I should somewhere. I have 2 5x5 Kallax shelves that hold most of the games from Ikea. And then a small shelf, was a shoe rack that you can get from Target, that holds a lot of the small games.

Played four different games in the past two days:

Marvel United: Enter the Spider-Verse - started diving into the expansions. Green Goblin is a really different villain from those in the base box, and Spider-Ham and Ghost Spider weren't able to take him down. Definitely felt like it was more of a challenge than the base box.

Claim & Claim 2 - two more of them, Claim 2 is an expansion but standalone for Claim. Basically a trick taking game but in two phases. The first hand you try and win (or lose) tricks to get cards to build your second hand. Then you play that one out normal trick taking style and try and have majority in the suits. But each suit is a fantasy race and have different powers. Really interesting and fast.

Super Fantasy Brawl - I like this tactical skirmish game a lot. The characters really do feel different and you get a lot of cool different combos going on with it. And it plays fast once you know how to play it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, The Gnat said:

Also, a question I was thinking about today, what game are you excited to play again after people have been vaccinated in a bigger group?

Pathfinder, Gloomhaven, Pandemic Legacy Season 0, Clank! Legacy, HeroQuest, pretty much anything in the game closet.

• Like 1