Week 15 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (9-4) vs. Houston Texans (4-9) - Potential Clinching Game

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Ivory is an older LF. Yeldon is insurance and third down ace. Grant is also insurance and a change of pace guy. I'd be fine with keeping all four for another year.

Yeah.  As long as the cap is in decent shape, i'd be all for keeping the whole stable as well.

Just sorta feels like even if Ivory ends up gone, Grant isn't gonna just usurp that role and all those volume carries, because it's such a different thing.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  As long as the cap is in decent shape, i'd be all for keeping the whole stable as well.

Just sorta feels like even if Ivory ends up gone, Grant isn't gonna just usurp that role and all those volume carries, because it's such a different thing.

Nah it wouldn't be a transfer thing. Yeldon would be the guy to primarily give LF a breather and Grant would get a few more carries in the change of pace role.

Assuming we don't bring in another guy to be ahead of Yeldon and/or Grant.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

U mean the conservative crap where we let them back into the game. Stay aggressive and keep doing what works. 

It looks like the conservative crap has worked out really well in the second half. We've controlled the ball and run down the clock and now are hitting them with the final few blows before closing out the game. 

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Nah it wouldn't be a transfer thing. Yeldon would be the guy to primarily give LF a breather and Grant would get a few more carries in the change of pace role.

Assuming we don't bring in another guy to be ahead of Yeldon and/or Grant.

Indeed.  Especially with just how much they like to spell Fournette, and with how much he seems to be unavailable or banged up (though hopefully that won't be a constant theme that continues so much).

I really can't see them getting rid of Ivory without bringing in a cheaper replacement to backfill those carries.  Not with how run-focused they want to be and all that.

Just now, Jags said:

It looks like the conservative crap has worked out really well in the second half. We've controlled the ball and run down the clock and now are hitting them with the final few blows before closing out the game. 

Yeah.  Nothing really wrong with grinding along and running out the clock on a game that was already pretty well in the bag, against a team that really doesn't seem that enthusiastic about trying hard right now.  It's how most "good teams" close out these sort of games.

Really no need to risk anything more.

Archived