The Coaching Staff Thread

Totty

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

My only thing with that though is that he wasn't the play caller.

True, but he did a couple of years ago in a playoff game against Pit put up 48 points. Mayfield had criticized Stefnaski play calling several times in 2022 and wanted Van Pelt.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

Yep that was  nice showing for Van Pelt when he was the play caller when the Browns beat the Steelers in the playoffs 48-37 Stefanaski was out with covid. Other than that I'm not sure how to judge Van Pelts times in Cleveland, he wasn't really the OC we all know that. If Bucs stick with Baker Mayfield long term I can see them hire AVP.

Edited by raidersedge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

True, but he did a couple of years ago in a playoff game against Pit put up 48 points. Mayfield had criticized Stefnaski play calling several times in 2022 and wanted Van Pelt.

Really? Didn't know that. I could live with it then.

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

Yep that was  nice showing for Van Pelt when he was the play caller when the Browns beat the Steelers in the playoffs 48-37 Stefanaski was out with covid. Other than that I'm not sure how to judge Van Pelts times in Cleveland, he wasn't really the OC we all know that. If Bucs stick with Baker Mayfield long term I can see them hire AVP.

This is why I find it so hard to give an informed opinion on coordinators, we’re really not sure exactly how much they’re doing if they’re not already calling plays and even then, are they at the behest of the HC, what exactly are they responsible for?

• Like 1

I think Van Pelt would be a decent but not exciting option. Going to Tampa to reunite with Baker makes a lot of sense. Since I am saying this, they will probably hire one of those first four interviewees today, but if any of them were that impressive, I think they would have been hired right now. One of three things could be happening right now: they're going with one of the interviewees but waiting for him to find an o line and qb coach, they're waiting on Kubiak, or it's back to the drawing board. We haven't been aggressive as teams like the Bears and Saints have in finding an OC and offensive assistants. Something is up.

• Like 2

Sources: The #Seahawks are set to hire #Ravens DC Mike Macdonald as their new head coach. Seattle was willing to wait for him if Baltimore made the Super Bowl.

Instead, their season ended last week and he takes a big-time job. He’s currently in Seattle on a 2nd interview.

This means that Graham is our DC for at least another year!

F@ck Yeah!!

• Like 1