The Coaching Staff Thread

Totty

23 hours ago, Jerry said:

I like that he has two previous HCs on his staff.  Patrick Graham staying is such a huge + for this group.

Definitely more optimistic about this group than McDonald's group.

I now believe we are a handful of players (draft/FAs) away from being a wild card team.

How you feeling now 

Here's how I see it..

If we go Eric Bieniemy:

Michael Penix

Justin Fields

Russell Wilson

Spencer Rattler

Stick with AOC

If we go chip Kelly:

Justin Fields

Spencer Rattler

Stick with AOC

If we go with Luke Getsy:

We are screwed so it doent matter what we do 

• Like 1

“He’s very well-respected,” NFL insider Albert Breer told ESPN 1000’s Kap & JHood. “I think there are people out there that think he did a pretty good job in the last couple of years, all things considered. Bringing Justin along, building an offense for Justin, weathering the injuries, having a rookie quarterback ready to go in Tyson Bagent.

“I would say there are enough people that feel like, you know, that the potential that he had two years ago when he was hired and became an offensive coordinator, that the potential is still there.”

^We are probably the team that thinks this

worth an interview

Tee Martin:

• QB Coach of the Ravens - Lamar Jackson just had an MVP season 
  • Experience as Offensive Coordinator - USC
  • Former QB who would be huge for a young QB
  • Former Player and Former Raider 

a gamble, but worth a **** 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Please interview this man 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrod_Johnson

He was suppose to be the new OC of the Texans once Bobby Slowik left. Bobby decided to stay for another year, we could steal him. He was apart of the group who wanted the Texans to draft CJ Stroud. He was the QB coach while CJ lit up the league. I want a guy like that on staff to help bring in a QB and develop him. Johnson only 35 and upcoming coach. He starred in college as a QB, and even played college basketball. Has a clean record, young and would vibe with Pierce. He played under great coaches like Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin. He comes from good coaching background of Bobby Slowik, Nick Sirianni, and Kevin O'Connell

This is  forward think this franchise needs, but we will probably hire an old below average coach. Jerrod Johnson would be a home run hire, he's going be a head coach soon. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

Right now, here is what I'd do:

Hire Chip Kelly

Sign Marcus Mariota on the cheap

Bring in Dave Ragone as QB coach 

Hire Mark Helfrich in a pasing game coordinator type of role. 

Draft JJ McCarthy. 

Mariota ain't getting a massive deal, system familiarity, Chip may still be innovative, Dave and Mark have familiarity with the system and had Mitch Trubisky looking alright before the wheels fell off in Chicago.i think JJ has the ability to be what people thought Trubisky could be and even more. Heavy focus on RBs and speedy WRs- which we have. They already have familiarity with Foster, too. 

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but we're not out picks or whatever for a shot in the dark with Justin Fields. 

It's not the most inspiring set of moves, but it sure as hell beats wandering around aimlessly without a collective vision for the offense on a multi-year scale. 

Edited by ronjon1990

33 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I like him too, but I think the Texans adjusted his contract to keep him around. Don't see him going anywhere this cycle.

throw him a bag... could save Pierce and our season. He interviewed with Browns and Pats, being overlooked by Pierce.

Edited by Humble_Beast

46 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Right now, here is what I'd do:

Hire Chip Kelly

Sign Marcus Mariota on the cheap

Bring in Dave Ragone as QB coach 

Hire Mark Helfrich in a pasing game coordinator type of role. 

Draft JJ McCarthy. 

Mariota ain't getting a massive deal, system familiarity, Chip may still be innovative, Dave and Mark have familiarity with the system and had Mitch Trubisky looking alright before the wheels fell off in Chicago.i think JJ has the ability to be what people thought Trubisky could be and even more. Heavy focus on RBs and speedy WRs- which we have. They already have familiarity with Foster, too. 

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but we're not out picks or whatever for a shot in the dark with Justin Fields. 

It's not the most inspiring set of moves, but it sure as hell beats wandering around aimlessly without a collective vision for the offense on a multi-year scale. 

I agree with everything but I would probably take rattler over JJ

23 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rattler is this years Malik Willis. He's fool's gold. 

How so? Malik Willis didn't play in the power of five let alone the SEC. JJ played for the best team for college football and through for 2400 yards. As it currently stands he's a game manager with arm talent and mobility. 

Edited by Jeremy408

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

How so? Malik Willis didn't play in the power of five let alone the SEC. JJ played for the best team for college football and through for 2400 yards. As it currently stands he's a game manager with arm talent and mobility. 

Like Malik Willis, he's this years short, stocky-ish QB with some mobility and a lot of unwarranted hype. 

Rattler has been riding high school recruitment rating since, well, high school. Everyone on commentary goes on and on about how good he supposedly is and yet...he's not. His best games last year came against crap competition (of his 19 passing TDs, 11 came against Furman, Mississippi St, Jacksonville St, and Vanderbilt). 

And before anyone says "but South Carolina's weapons", let's take a look back at how Rattler nearly tanked Oklahoma as a program and had to constantly get bailed out. He's getting hype because he has some name recognition from being a top recruit. He's small, not particularly great at throwing, and has had a solid pre-draft underwear showing that has people tossing his name around as the next overhyped midget QB. 

He's not a good QB. Certainly not good enough for me to want to stake the Raiders' future on as a potential QBOTF. Oklahoma and South Carolina waited years for him to be the Quarterback of the Present, and he never was. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Like Malik Willis, he's this years short, stocky-ish QB with some mobility and a lot of unwarranted hype. 

Rattler has been riding high school recruitment rating since, well, high school. Everyone on commentary goes on and on about how good he supposedly is and yet...he's not. His best games last year came against crap competition (of his 19 passing TDs, 11 came against Furman, Mississippi St, Jacksonville St, and Vanderbilt). 

And before anyone says "but South Carolina's weapons", let's take a look back at how Rattler nearly tanked Oklahoma as a program and had to constantly get bailed out. He's getting hype because he has some name recognition from being a top recruit. He's small, not particularly great at throwing, and has had a solid pre-draft underwear showing that has people tossing his name around as the next overhyped midget QB. 

He's not a good QB. Certainly not good enough for me to want to stake the Raiders' future on as a potential QBOTF. Oklahoma and South Carolina waited years for him to be the Quarterback of the Present, and he never was. 

Well to be fair Oklahoma was winning when he got benched. Also not like he got benched for scrub. Then he goes to South Carolina where the competition is actually better and the team that he's playing on his worst. One season is horrible the other season he improves. Goes to the senior bowl all the talent is the same and looks better than all of the other quarterbacks there. If say another quarterback like bo nix or penix had the week he did we would be saying that we should draft that person 13th overall. .I'm not saying we should drive them that high I'm saying it would behoove us to draft a right tackle or the highest rated player available so that you could get that guy on the second day.