The Coaching Staff Thread

Totty

8 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I can’t stomach another year of a statue QB trying to dink and dunk the ball up the field. This past year was absolutely painful to watch. 

Garappolo was much more dink and dunk though wasn’t he? If anything, O’Connell would have a 3rd and 4 and pretty much every time he’d launch a bomb 40 yards 😁

Now, I’m not saying I wouldn’t like a mobile guy back there and I’d certainly like to hark back to a more vertical game paired with some power runs and playaction.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Garappolo was much more dink and dunk though wasn’t he? If anything, O’Connell would have a 3rd and 4 and pretty much every time he’d launch a bomb 40 yards 😁

Now, I’m not saying I wouldn’t like a mobile guy back there and I’d certainly like to hark back to a more vertical game paired with some power runs and playaction.

This seemed to be a theme across the league this year and I really don't understand why. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This seemed to be a theme across the league this year and I really don't understand why. 

This is a trend I don’t understand. OCs have become pass happy.

I hope we don’t hire an OC that runs out of shotgun on 3rd/4th and short

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I was really talking about the last 10 years. Carr, Jimmy G., and AOC all really struggled to create anything once the play breaks down. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I was really talking about the last 10 years. Carr, Jimmy G., and AOC all really struggled to create anything once the play breaks down. 

Ah yes, that makes sense. I’d love an offence who can bully you with the running game but then also threatens with the vertical game or can create in the fly. I suppose variety and unpredictability is key.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Ah yes, that makes sense. I’d love an offence who can bully you with the running game but then also threatens with the vertical game or can create in the fly. I suppose variety and unpredictability is key.

The more I think about it, the more I think .... 'The only way we can even pretend to keep pace with KC and SD now is to have an elite defense and a dominant run game.' 

We have a good defense, and it's a hell of a lot easier to build an O-line for the run game than it is to find a top 5 QB to go toe-to-toe with Mahomes and Herbert.

• Like 3

I'm happy the coaching staff is coming together but, and no one is talking about this, what we rally need is an overhaul of the scouting department. For God's sake, Herock son is assistant director of scouting. That's horrible. We are in a horrible position in regards to scouting. 

We need to get rid of Herock son and Herock himself. That's a start.