The Coaching Staff Thread

Totty

2 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Klint Kubiak would be a solid hire.

Its just hard looking for an OC. Its just hilarious. Any time a candidates name comes up the fan base from his former team will come the woodwork and blast him.

Since the 49ers went through to the SB, we won't be interviewing him and based on reports we won't wait until after the SB...

Kingsbury, Van Pelt, Getsy, Sullivan seems to be the pool...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Klint Kubiak would be a solid hire.

Its just hard looking for an OC. Its just hilarious. Any time a candidates name comes up the fan base from his former team will come the woodwork and blast him.

I don’t see why Mark doesn’t wait a week

I believe Kubiak can be interviewed, just cannot be hired until after the SB.. so if you know that’s who you want, I’m sure interviewing, having contract dialogue in place and making something official in 2 weeks could take place.. but if they go a different direction, just give us some hope.. nobody that’s coordinated a bottom 10 offense!

• Like 3

Starting Jan. 22 (the day after the divisional round ends):

Teams can conduct in-person or virtual interviews with candidates employed by other NFL teams whose seasons ended.

Teams cannot hold initial interviews with candidates employed by teams participating in the AFC and NFC championship games until the end of the employer team’s season. 

Based on that I think we can't interview Kubiak untill after the SB...

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 6:46 PM, Humble_Beast said:

my top 10 OC hires 

1. Frank Reich 2. Kliff Kingsbury 3. Zach Robinson 4. Klint Kubiak 5. Alex Van Pelt 6. Brian Griese 7. Eric Bieniemy  8. Byron Leftwich 9. Kellen Moore 10. Pep Hamilton

Goodness, I honestly can't name 10 candidates, let alone a top 10 😁

At this point I just wonder if they're waiting for someone besides Kubiak...What about Eric Bieniemy. I'm sure he's still under contract in Washington waiting on whoever they hire as the next HC to determine his future with the team.  Other than that this whole process doesn't make sense because the Raiders could just simply hire their OC.

3 hours ago, raidersedge said:

At this point I just wonder if they're waiting for someone besides Kubiak...What about Eric Bieniemy. I'm sure he's still under contract in Washington waiting on whoever they hire as the next HC to determine his future with the team.  Other than that this whole process doesn't make sense because the Raiders could just simply hire their OC.

He has really good concepts but my problem with him is he seems tone deaf to the flow of the game and who he has on the roster(particularly the Oline)