GDT week 15: Browns vs. Ravens

Thomas5737

Who will be MVP of the Raven game?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be MVP of the Raven game?

4 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

This is the first Sunday in a while I didn't spend watching at least part of the game. Best Sunday in a while. 

My last 2 have been spent renovating my bathroom, and the local station didn't air them, so I couldn't even catch them on DVR.

Best NFL Sundays I've had in a damn long time.

So I read stat, don’t know if it was posted on here or not. 

When the browns took the lead 7-3. Hue only called for four plays that had the running back getting the ball. After taking the lead 7-3, hue only called 4 freaking runnings plays. But instead threw the ball 25times. 

For god sake fire this jabroni! Dude preaching we want to run the ball and all that other BS Rhetoric. He doesn’t get it. He doesn’t know how to coach a team or run a offense. 

CBS aired the Bengals Vikings game down here so I couldn't watch it.

On another plus, the Steelers losing to the Patriots yesterday means that the Week 17 matchup is a "must win" for them (and the Patriots have to lose one of their last 2 games) for homefield advantage, meaning the Browns will probably get smoked.

Bears or bust for a winless season fellas.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

So I read stat, don’t know if it was posted on here or not. 

When the browns took the lead 7-3. Hue only called for four plays that had the running back getting the ball. After taking the lead 7-3, hue only called 4 freaking runnings plays. But instead threw the ball 25times. 

For god sake fire this jabroni! Dude preaching we want to run the ball and all that other BS Rhetoric. He doesn’t get it. He doesn’t know how to coach a team or run a offense. 

I'm going to assume Crowell got injured for something because there is no logical reason for a coach to stop running him like Hue did yesterday.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm going to assume Crowell got injured for something because there is no logical reason for a coach to stop running him like Hue did yesterday.

I didn't see the game, but when I saw Crow's statline, I immediately assumed he was hurt. If he wasn't, LOL, classic Hue. I loved watching Kizer get sacked in the endzone for the strip six about half a second after he snapped the ball and their DE blew right by our backup LT. CLASSIC.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I didn't see the game, but when I saw Crow's statline, I immediately assumed he was hurt. If he wasn't, LOL, classic Hue. I loved watching Kizer get sacked in the endzone for the strip six about half a second after he snapped the ball and their DE blew right by our backup LT. CLASSIC.

Hue just does nothing to help his players.  Drango has played pretty well this season but you're tempting fate putting him on an island and dropping a rookie qb back into the endzone.

There was one point where we ran like 14 consecutive passes or some nonsense and folks are shocked the kid isn't producing.  It's hard enough to beat a defense when you are balanced, but when veteran defense KNOWS you're passing, life gets hard real quick.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hue just does nothing to help his players.  Drango has played pretty well this season but you're tempting fate putting him on an island and dropping a rookie qb back into the endzone.

There was one point where we ran like 14 consecutive passes or some nonsense and folks are shocked the kid isn't producing.  It's hard enough to beat a defense when you are balanced, but when veteran defense KNOWS you're passing, life gets hard real quick.

Throw in their absolute REFUSAL to try WR and RB screens and it's laughable. Can we please find a way to utilize Gordon and Duke in the short and intermediate passing game...or do we even have a short/intermediate passing game? That would require less than 3 simultaneous vertical routes in a play. It's a JOKE.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Throw in their absolute REFUSAL to try WR and RB screens and it's laughable. Can we please find a way to utilize Gordon and Duke in the short and intermediate passing game...or do we even have a short/intermediate passing game? That would require less than 3 simultaneous vertical routes in a play. It's a JOKE.

Everything is vertical, very little in the way of crossing routes, rubs, short timing throws, etc. I haven't seen a 5 yard out all season.

I love an aggressive scheme and this might be a great scheme if you've got a guy like Roethlisberger or Brady, but not a kid.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Everything is vertical, very little in the way of crossing routes, rubs, short timing throws, etc. I haven't seen a 5 yard out all season.

I love an aggressive scheme and this might be a great scheme if you've got a guy like Roethlisberger or Brady, but not a kid.

I love an aggressive scheme as well, like Green Bay's with Rodgers for example, but there has to be an answer schematically for a blitz besides an audible by a QB. The Steelers and Patriots run so many WR and RB screens to guys like Amandola/Brown/Edelman/Bell that there's an inherent risk in calling a blitz because you could get burned so badly...not to mention the 70 yard run after catch 6 yard crossing route from Smith-Shuster yesterday. It's frustrating.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

The one thing I hate when he gets in that nothing but passing mode and Defensive lines start to tee off on our tackles that you rarely see RBs being used to chip DEs to slow them down or using TEs to help. 

...or use a RB screen.

...or use a WR screen.

...or use a draw running play to a RB.

...or try a hitch/slant.

...or try a swing pass to Duke Johnson

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...or use a RB screen.

...or use a WR screen.

...or use a draw running play to a RB.

...or try a hitch/slant.

...or try a swing pass to Duke Johnson

I've seen them run most of these plays and I think that's where Kizer's inaccuracy shines, with exception to the draw.  I threw a few slants yesterday and they were all behind or short of the receivers (Gordon and Duke were targeted 4 or 5 times total I think). The screen passes are about the worst I've seen from Kizer.  It's mind numbing how he can throw the ball 60 yards with a flick of the wrist but can't hit a back at the LOS 10 yards horizontally from him.  He could develop, but his current development is holding this team back.

Archived