Around The League

Jerry

47 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Mahomes is Jordan

Mahomes is Kobe. Likely wins 5 titles while losing 3 or so. 

Brady is Jordan.

Actually, nobody in the NFL is Jordan. Jordan is by far the Team Sports GOAT. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

Shanahan is such a garbage. Read today that they didn't even scout Mahomes when they had the #2 pick because they assumed they were getting cousins. They'll never win anything until they get a QB that's better than "he's good". They say defenses win championships but when I look at the list of Superbowl winners it's HOF QBs 3 out of every 4 times. Niners defense can't win the game unless they also have a QB that can will his team into the end zone in the fourth qtr. 

I'll never forgive the Niners for letting the Chiefs win in our house. I've enjoyed routing for them at times but I'm done now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Shanahan is such a garbage. Read today that they didn't even scout Mahomes when they had the #2 pick because they assumed they were getting cousins. They'll never win anything until they get a QB that's better than "he's good". They say defenses win championships but when I look at the list of Superbowl winners it's HOF QBs 3 out of every 4 times. Niners defense can't win the game unless they also have a QB that can will his team into the end zone in the fourth qtr. 

I'll never forgive the Niners for letting the Chiefs win in our house. I've enjoyed routing for them at times but I'm done now. 

It was tough watching them win on our field. I put most the blame on Shanahan n the defense. The defense couldn't really get any pressure on Pat from 3Q on even if they blitz. Wilk didn't do that great imo. Shannon had a chance to win the game in OT and kicked a short fg. It may have been right decision analytically but to win that game they had to keep pat on sideline. They finally got a drive going after like 3Qs n settled for fg. 

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

Meh I’m glad niners lost. I got my bragging rights cause even we beat kc. Niners such a juggernaut but can’t hang with the afc west. Bang bang lol same lame niner gang lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The 49ers, Shanahan, etc. didn't lose the game. Mahomes and the Chiefs won the game. He's an all timer.

Agreed. It's why I'm going to hate on Purdy indefinitely. He doesn't have the will to win games. Hence the niners will never be able to compete with teams like KC in a superbowl setting. 

Rarely do teams lose the superbowl, it's a question of who's going to go out and win it. 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Agreed. It's why I'm going to hate on Purdy indefinitely. He doesn't have the will to win games. Hence the niners will never be able to compete with teams like KC in a superbowl setting. 

Rarely do teams lose the superbowl, it's a question of who's going to go out and win it. 

If the 49ers OL would've picked up the blitz on the last play of their OT possession Jennings was walking in for a TD.

I guess the 49ers muffing a punt and missing an extra point was also on Purdy?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the 49ers OL would've picked up the blitz on the last play of their OT possession Jennings was walking in for a TD.

I guess the 49ers muffing a punt and missing an extra point was also on Purdy?

Chief's had all sorts of mistakes too. More than the Niners IMO. Especially when you consider their WR drops and turnovers. 

Bottom line is, the Niners will be looking at all the different "what-if's" a dozen people could have done to help them win the game. Opposite that, Mahomes just put his team on his shoulders and did everything in his power to get them the winning drives. Elite QB's win superbowls 9 times over 10 compared to the Brock Purdy's of the world. 

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Chief's had all sorts of mistakes too. More than the Niners IMO. Especially when you consider their WR drops and turnovers. 

Bottom line is, the Niners will be looking at all the different "what-if's" a dozen people could have done to help them win the game. Opposite that, Mahomes just put his team on his shoulders and did everything in his power to get them the winning drives. Elite QB's win superbowls 9 times over 10 compared to the Brock Purdy's of the world. 

Agreed, if you don't have a mastermind offensive coach and an elite QB you're not competing any time for the foreseeable future.

33 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Except that Purdy has shown the will to win games (see 2023/24 playoffs) and the 49ers did compete with the Chiefs in this Super Bowl.

I do not understand what "rarely do teams lose the superbowl" means. A team loses the Super Bowl every year.

• Like 1