Around The League

Jerry

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rap and Schefty are easily the two best sources in NFL media, like the Woj / Shams of the NFL world, lol. 

He reported it because he heard it from Crosby’s agent and they were trying to send a message to Mark Davis. Do what we want or we quit on this franchise, Maxx doesn’t want to be here.

Bro ease up on the dramatics. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

The NFL is a business. We are kinda like the Lakers. Raiders are good for business. We have a huge fanbase like the 49ers, Cowboys. Raiders generate a lot of Money for the league when we are good. Sorta like the Lakers bring in big money for the NBA. Mark Davis unlike his dad, seem to be in good graces with the league. He does what he is told. Firing Gruden, no lawsuit about missing out on the LA market. So, now the NFL views the Raiders in good graces again. 

Getting their. Maybe. But man does the NFL love QBs that put up nonstop highlight plays. If we want them to love us, we need a QB that can make plays like Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Burrow, etc.

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

Getting their. Maybe. But man does the NFL love QBs that put up nonstop highlight plays. If we want them to love us, we need a QB that can make plays like Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Burrow, etc.

I think you’re right here, the NFL looking at hooking the next young generation not us oldies. They don’t want smash mouth football and Mano a Mano games, they want flashy run around headless chicken back yard football that’ll get school kids and teenagers excited and buying Madden. They want young guys who the youngsters are going to try and emulate. 

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

screw it, trade up to 1 for Caleb. We aren't going win with Nix/ Pennix , and JJ too iffy. Look at the Bryce Young trade, I think it will cost the Raiders 3 1st, and 3 2nds to move up to 1. Bears keeping saying how much they like Fields. Denver or Raiders might trade up to 1. We get our franchise cornerstone. We would just need to be active and move smart in free agency. We do have a coach players want to play under, and a good GM. Tom would need to earn his Money in mid to late rounds and UDFA. A rookie QB contract would be nice 

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

screw it, trade up to 1 for Caleb. We aren't going win with Nix/ Pennix , and JJ too iffy. Look at the Bryce Young trade, I think it will cost the Raiders 3 1st, and 3 2nds to move up to 1. Bears keeping saying how much they like Fields. Denver or Raiders might trade up to 1. We get our franchise cornerstone. We would just need to be active and move smart in free agency. We do have a coach players want to play under, and a good GM. Tom would need to earn his Money in mid to late rounds and UDFA. A rookie QB contract would be nice 

I’m not sold on Caleb. What’s the old saying, some people like football and some people like what football give them. I can easily see him coming to Vegas and busting because there is too many distractions..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Stans can’t admit Maxx was on the verge of demanding a trade, dude fake and a primadona. Trade him for Caleb Williams ASAP.

If there’s one player in this draft that’s fake and a prima donna then it’s Caleb Williams 😁😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Stans can’t admit Maxx was on the verge of demanding a trade, dude fake and a primadona. Trade him for Caleb Williams ASAP.

Sky is falling, sky is falling, sky is falling. That’s all you do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

If there’s one player in this draft that’s fake and a prima donna then it’s Caleb Williams 😁😁

Caleb Williams will instantly transform a franchise. Maxx has been here for 5 mediocre years and his team sucked in college, dude hasn’t contributed to winning football in his entire life.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I’m just real, you’ll be crying at this time next year about how we punted a year with a terrible coaching staff 

Sure, but I also won’t be turning a football forum into my own pity party echo chamber while I do it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Caleb Williams will instantly transform a franchise. Maxx has been here for 5 mediocre years and his team sucked in college, dude hasn’t contributed to winning football in his entire life.

I wouldn’t draft Williams at all sorry. I guess I’m in the @ronjon1990 camp with regards to him. Just rubs me the wrong way entirely and I think he could be a huge bust. I’d avoid completely.

I can understand why some love him but I don’t want him at all.

Also, it is ludicrous and doesn’t do anything for your integrity when you say Crosby hasn't contributed to winning, he’s been a one man defence for a couple years and though a defender may not have quite the same impact as a QB, he’s been integral to any little success we have had.

I assume you mean he hasn’t changed a franchise around like a franchise QB potentially can? That would make at least a little sense? 🙂

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 9:52 AM, NYRaider said:

I must say, Maxx when it's all said and done could be the GREATEST Raider of all time.  His pairing with AP gives me tremendous hope for our future.  Time to go get our signal caller in this upcoming draft.  Peace and love Raider Nation!

That's better! 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Maxx may have mishandled the AP situation IMO, but saying he hasn't contributed to winning football in his entire life is just wrong.  We are literally the last team to beat Mahomes and we did it with 6 offensive points. He's clearly our best defensive player.  50 sacks in 5 seasons.  If he plays at this level for 12+ years, he has a chance for the hall of fame.  He's almost at the halfway point to 12 seasons and I don't see him slowing down any time soon.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I wouldn’t draft Williams at all sorry. I guess I’m in the @ronjon1990 camp with regards to him. Just rubs me the wrong way entirely and I think he could be a huge bust. I’d avoid completely.

I can understand why some love him but I don’t want him at all.

Welcome to the club. 

Dude could very well wind up great, as is the case with anyone. But I just don't see him panning out. 

• Like 3