Around The League

Jerry

21 hours ago, Geezy said:

Remember when we all thought Renfrow was perfect for JMD lol 

Man, how could he not be?  That had to be up there with some of the most head scratching decisions made by them, 

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

Just because there's some rumor about the niners want to speak to him doesn't mean it will happen. Still a pipe dream. Who wouldn't want BB as a DC? Gotta try fi you're the niners. But he won't take it, won't even take an interview. 

It's already being talked about SHanahan reached out and spoke to him and he immediately said no.  Politely. 

I agree. 

I'd add that even if he was interested, it's not some massive downgrade that looks bad on his part. The teams he was linked to are rebuilds and at his age, why bother? 

If he wanted to coach and focus on his expertise for a contending team, I'd find it intriguing but not laugh-worthy or anything. 

20 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

49ers plan to speak to Bill Belichek about their DC position

-Remember earlier in the season when I said that Bill wouldn’t get a HC job and would be someone’s DC? Most thought it was insane…but we’re here now

Would be dumb by SF. I said as soon as they lost the SB, worst thing they can do is not hire in-house. Wilks was a terrible decision. Any outside hire is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A+ trade.

I said it a million times, when Gruden left, he lost all passion for football and he became lazy. 

When you see a guy sit out for injury all the time, and he seems fine, he’s just milking it and has zero desire to play. Just stealing money. 99% of players are injured every week. 

• Like 6

On 3/1/2024 at 2:29 PM, Tank4Drake said:

I said it a million times, when Gruden left, he lost all passion for football and he became lazy. 

When you see a guy sit out for injury all the time, and he seems fine, he’s just milking it and has zero desire to play. Just stealing money. 99% of players are injured every week. 

Same here, mentioned it several times that his facial expression/ stoicness just screamed "disinterested" to me. And I personally like players with fire in their guts and an edge. It belongs in football to me, but I'm an old head, I loved the lotts/lamberts/youngbloods/alzados of the league. Gimme the ray rays and Jr's all day!!! Lol☠️😈☠️😈

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

A lot of top FAs were franchise tagged today.

Most importantly, Pittman was tagged and Evans agreed to a deal with TB. Keeps them out of KC

They're reportedly targeting Darnell Mooney who was a 1k dude under Nagy in Chicago

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I could see that or Hollywood Brown.

Yeah I could see them targeting Mooney, Brown, or Chark in free agency. And then someone like Adoni Mitchell, Brian Thomas Jr, or Keon Coleman at the end of the first.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I could see that or Hollywood Brown.

Honestly would rather see Brown there than Mooney. I feel like in KC theyd both fill the same type of role with similar production.  However Brown has been less durable and be the more splashy signing (aka more expensive)

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 7:49 AM, NYRaider said:

Yeah I could see them targeting Mooney, Brown, or Chark in free agency. And then someone like Adoni Mitchell, Brian Thomas Jr, or Keon Coleman at the end of the first.

We should target Mooney he can be a nice back up and will add another speed guy to our offense.