Not Surprising...Jordan Reed to IR

Ghostnote

Got into it last night with a guy on twitter about Reed’s injuriies. I told him they were unrelated and anyone that uses the excuse that he had to run different is doing just that, making excuses for Reed being more fragile than graphite. Earned a ton of money to play 6 games this season. 

Apparently his hamstring and his pedal toe injury are connected. And this guy tried to tell me that if I had a clue about human anatomy, which I do, and I responded. Then he moved on to my term, nickel and dime me (in terms of how many games he is playing). 

Anyway, Reed To IR. Done. 

Definitely don’t see how a broken toe and a pulled hamstring are connected. Was this guy serious? Lol ? 

Reed’s a tough case. We need him, but he’s unreliable. Perhaps we can do something with his contract because he’s injured so much, but he wouldn’t have to agree with it and I wouldn’t cut him because we saw what he could be in 2015 & 16 when near 100%

Its a real shame he pulled the hammy, and a bigger shame the coaches/he pushed it instead of waiting until he was near 100% to come back.

I also agree with Santana Moss. Reed has got to find a way to do all he can do to get back in the field when he has these types of injuries. Which means, getting heating pads on the back of his legs, getting massages that aren’t just from the Redskins trainers etc. If Reed wants to play near a full 16 games every year he’s going to have to go the extra mile to take care of his body.

Don’t forget Djax missed 7 games & wasn't near 100% until the 9th game of the 2015 season too with his hamstring pull. So, it’s not an injury which should be taken lightly. I thought I heard someone say it’s the longest muscle in the body. Maybe that was Moss too.

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We have plenty of cap space, and we don't really go crazy in free agency anymore.  Is Reed expensive?  Yes.  That doesn't mean we should get rid of him though.  There's no reason to keep cap space just to keep cap space.  

True, but dude, we have no depth on the OL, we have no depth on the DL. We need money to at least try to do something. Plus, we have cheaper options at WR that are performing. 2018 is the year to put up or shut up. 

Just now, mike23md said:

True, but dude, we have no depth on the OL, we have no depth on the DL. We need money to at least try to do something. Plus, we have cheaper options at WR that are performing. 2018 is the year to put up or shut up. 

Well depth usually comes from draft picks, but if we want depth on the Dline we should start by cutting McClain and McGee and putting that money towards better players.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Well depth usually comes from draft picks, but if we want depth on the Dline we should start by cutting McClain and McGee and putting that money towards better players.  

Agree, but I dont know how much of those contracts were guaranteed, and what our cap issues would look like from them. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes, we can definitely make room ignore need be. Also, Lanier has flashed as a nickle pass rusher, Kouandjio didn’t crap himself this year when he played. Roullier looked reliable and we should bring back Long and Nsekhe. Catalina needs work but he could be upgraded w/ a draft pick and didn’t we re-sign Kalis?

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

To get rid of them we'd have to designate both post June 1st cuts.  

It’s probably one or the other, not both that will be gone. Teams rarely sign a guy for one season to a long term deal and give up on them after just one year but they certainly could if they draft what they think is an upgrade.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Cutting McClain post June 1st would save us $3.5 mil.  Cutting McGee would save $4 mil.  If we were only cutting one I'd probably cut McClain, dude has been a complete waste of money.  

Well except for the Seahawks game.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Cutting McClain post June 1st would save us $3.5 mil.  Cutting McGee would save $4 mil.  If we were only cutting one I'd probably cut McClain, dude has been a complete waste of money.  

The problem with post June 1 money is that you can't spend a dime of it till after June 1 whether it's a designee or a regular waive or trade. Pre-June 1 they only save $2.6M.
I guess if you have a FA in mind that may be available after June 1 or if you want to put that money towards a Kirk contract you're OK.

This FO? Probably keeps at least one of them. Wouldn't be surprised at both. Not too say you don't have valid points but what would this team do?

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well except for the Seahawks game.

...and the 1st Dallas game. 5 tackles and all 6 Dallas offensive penalties were on Smith.

Should have done this when he hurt his toe before training camp!!! When he didn’t participate in camp it was clear he wasn’t going to get right. This guy is a beast but a glass beast! I like Jordan and I want to see him somehow put it together here but I no longer believe that is a posibility.

6 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

The problem with post June 1 money is that you can't spend a dime of it till after June 1 whether it's a designee or a regular waive or trade. Pre-June 1 they only save $2.6M.
I guess if you have a FA in mind that may be available after June 1 or if you want to put that money towards a Kirk contract you're OK.

This FO? Probably keeps at least one of them. Wouldn't be surprised at both. Not too say you don't have valid points but what would this team do?

...and the 1st Dallas game. 5 tackles and all 6 Dallas offensive penalties were on Smith.

Thank you. I’m tired of arguing these points on my own. To me, they’re average players who provide decent depth. They also don’t get many snaps, particularly when Allen is healthy.

I think both were getting around 20 snaps a game when Allen and Ioannidis were healthy the first month of the season. Tomsula rarely uses them in our nickle packages, so it’s not like they are getting a lot of chances to get sacks. They both have good motors which is hard to find sometimes with 300 Plus pound guys.

I think Allen/Williams/Gruden keeps both of them for one more season as you say  but I definitely don’t think both will be gone.

Archived