Week 14 GDT: Titans @ 49ers

Forge

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Nah....had no choice. Couldn't keep him. You could tell he was pissed about it at the presser. 

And you can tell that he really likes Jimmy G. It was very evident that he was trying to do right by him by the Schefty report. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

A lot of 49ers fans feel that way, and I'll be honest...it does nothing for me. Seattle losing doesn't give me any sort of jollies whatsoever. Maybe it's just the age I grew up in - having Dallas as our main rival. I get happy when they go through rough stretches...but not so much for other division rivals like the Rams / Cards / Seahawks

I gave up on the Dallas hate a long time ago.  Actually kind of felt sorry for them for a while during the Romo era.  

I like Russel Wilson, but Sherman, Pete, etc.., I skip right over hate and go straight to loathe.  

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

A lot of 49ers fans feel that way, and I'll be honest...it does nothing for me. Seattle losing doesn't give me any sort of jollies whatsoever. Maybe it's just the age I grew up in - having Dallas as our main rival. I get happy when they go through rough stretches...but not so much for other division rivals like the Rams / Cards / Seahawks

I’m with you.  I’m 38 so I grew up hating the Cowboys. But I have always hated Pete Carrol, can’t stand guys like Sherman and Doug Baldwin and hated Lynch with a passion. So it’s not the rivalry thing. I just hate the Seahawks because I hate their team. Doesn’t hurt they’re in the division. But still look at our rivals as the Cowboys for sure. 

It's a big Jimmy love fest right now, but guys, I'm very happy with Kyle Shanahan as our coach. He may not be perfect, but he's had everyone working hard all year, even when we were losing. The Kyle/Jimmy combo feels like a winner. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

We've been all about Jimmy for the past few weeks (and rightfully so), but let's not forget Shanahan and the credit he deserves for seeing his masterful offense come to fruition under Garoppolo. We're going to be a team to watch in 2018. 

Dude, I was just writing something similar!

Just now, straighthate said:

I’m with you.  I’m 38 so I grew up hating the Cowboys. But I have always hated Pete Carrol, can’t stand guys like Sherman and Doug Baldwin and hated Lynch with a passion. So it’s not the rivalry thing. I just hate the Seahawks because I hate their team. Doesn’t hurt they’re in the division. But still look at our rivals as the Cowboys for sure. 

100% the way I feel. I dislike those players and am happy to see them lose. The fact that they're in our division just makes me despise them more. 

Just now, rudyZ said:

It's a big Jimmy love fest right now, but guys, I'm very happy with Kyle Shanahan as our coach. He may not be perfect, but he's had everyone working hard all year, even when we were losing. The Kyle/Jimmy combo feels like a winner. 

Wow, way to just totally ignore Lynch. What did he ever do to you!!!!! :P

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Yes...I think I've seen this movie before.

a01_montana_walsh_16665719.jpg?w=1000&h=

Hopefully the remake lives up to the hype. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Wow, way to just totally ignore Lynch. What did he ever do to you!!!!! :P

Ask John, I'm sure he won't mind staying in the background, admiring his work from the shadows. The heart and soul of a football team is the QB/head coach symbiosis, and Mr Lynch managed to achieve that in less than 10 months from being hired. Hats off to you, John Lynch!

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

And 4 out of 5, right? If Jimmy G is here all season, we are a 6-7 win season. No way we don't win   2 of those games we lost by 3 points. 

This is why I don't mind us winning these last few games because either way we will be picking higher than the actual talent of the team. This is a 8-8 to 9-7 ball club with Garoppolo at QB. Those type of teams usually pick anywhere from 15-20, we will be still picking in the top 8-10.

6 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I just turned 40.  I think there are a bunch of us here in that same age range. 

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

We've been all about Jimmy for the past few weeks (and rightfully so), but let's not forget Shanahan and the credit he deserves for seeing his masterful offense come to fruition under Garoppolo. We're going to be a team to watch in 2018. 

Still want to see better offense in the red zone. Shanny is great at what he does, but no reason why we should be this bad in the red zone. Time to call up Chip Kelly and just have him call the plays in the red zone lol. 

Archived