Week 14 GDT: Titans @ 49ers

Forge

16 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I hope he's not. Such an incredible talent but he's had dedication issues in the past. 

College? I wasn't aware of anything like that. if that's the case, could be something I'd have in the back of my mind. If its something more akin to conditioning dedication issues...eh...that happens. You just have to hope for the best. 

In this case, honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much to be honest. At least not until he signs his big extension lol. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

College? I wasn't aware of anything like that. if that's the case, could be something I'd have in the back of my mind. If its something more akin to conditioning dedication issues...eh...that happens. You just have to hope for the best. 

In this case, honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much to be honest. At least not until he signs his big extension lol. 

Yeah, the 2017 version of Trent Brown is identical to the college version - more penalties than necessary, solid play otherwise, injuries, and questions about willingness to soldier through minor injuries.

My problem with your last paragraph is that whispers are suggesting concerns about his toughness now from coaches, and it's fair to wonder if he'll be getting that extension from us. Worse, he's a Baalke pick. And we've made those kinda scarce. 

I said it last week, the only 2 Baalke picks I see here long-term are Tartt and Buckner. 

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yeah, the 2017 version of Trent Brown is identical to the college version - more penalties than necessary, solid play otherwise, injuries, and questions about willingness to soldier through minor injuries.

My problem with your last paragraph is that whispers are suggesting concerns about his toughness now from coaches, and it's fair to wonder if he'll be getting that extension from us. Worse, he's a Baalke pick. And we've made those kinda scarce. 

I said it last week, the only 2 Baalke picks I see here long-term are Tartt and Buckner. 

Yeah, I wasn't aware of anything like that from the coaches or whispers questioning his toughness. That's alarming to say the least, and my fault for being out of the loop. I know that at the start of the season, they were somewhat non-committal about him, but truthfully I thought that was more about his on the field play, where lets be honest, he was wildly erratic at times, particularly in the run game. 

Try as I might though, I can't see us not giving him an extension unless we have something lined up with a quality free agent or something. It'll be interesting to see what we do. If there are no real intentions of signing him long term, then he needs to be traded, frankly. There is a ton of value in him in my opinion, particularly this off season. There is no reason we couldn't get at a second for him given the offensive line problems that teams have. 

TBH, I'm kind of scared that we are going to re-sign Kilgore. The guy is pretty bad, but the staff seems to like him, and he's playing his "best football" right now (never mind the fact that we've been playing the softest part of our schedule by far", and if he puts together a nice string of games at the end of the season, that tends to mean more than crap games at the beginning of the season, even if I only believe that his "good games" are a product of the weakened slate. They'll talk themselves into believing that his early season woes were due to the scheme changes or something like that. 

"Questioning his toughness" is hilarious to me. Not that it's not happening, but the way the business works. Exactly why I will almost always side with the player. Team doesn't give two craps about the health of the player, only themselves. This is why players rush back from injuries or don't disclose injuries due to not wanting the team to "question their toughness" along with the game bonus checks. 

But at the very least, Brown will get tagged if he doesn't get a long-term deal. He's not going anywhere, at least not until 2019. 

Brown got the injury in week 12 against Seattle. Looks like he tried going through it in the Chicago game and just couldn't muster it anymore. This season is already over. Trent opting to go on IR now is smart. Sounds like he has all of Kyle Shanahan's support. Too bad for Jimmy G though. 

14 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Brown got the injury in week 12 against Seattle. Looks like he tried going through it in the Chicago game and just couldn't muster it anymore. This season is already over. Trent opting to go on IR now is smart. Sounds like he has all of Kyle Shanahan's support. Too bad for Jimmy G though. 

Yea, I dont see how any coach or the front office would question his toughness or resolve. Its the same injury that shut down Armstead in 2016 if I'm not mistaken. Have no issues with him electing to get the surgery done and out the way so he can start the off-season healthy.

28 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea, I dont see how any coach or the front office would question his toughness or resolve. Its the same injury that shut down Armstead in 2016 if I'm not mistaken. Have no issues with him electing to get the surgery done and out the way so he can start the off-season healthy.

And the same issue that one of the Smith boys had in 2012. I can't remember if it was Aldon or Justin who had the torn labrum. Whoever it was played through it, but as we all remember, our defense was a shell of itself in the back end of the season and the playoffs for the most part. 

It was Aldon. 

I bet you the only reason he is having surgery is because Brown's camp pushed for it and not because it was diagnosed by the team doctors. If it was the latter, then they would have called for surgery when Brown started having issues with his shoulder. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

And the same issue that one of the Smith boys had in 2012. I can't remember if it was Aldon or Justin who had the torn labrum. Whoever it was played through it, but as we all remember, our defense was a shell of itself in the back end of the season and the playoffs for the most part. 

Justin Smith had a torn triceps he tried to play through. He was clearly not the same.

I miss Cowboy. Such a great player.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Justin Smith had a torn triceps he tried to play through. He was clearly not the same.

I miss Cowboy. Such a great player.

Yes he was. One of the greatest free agent signings of all time for any franchise, particularly when it comes to "long term, big money deals". Sounds so bizarre to say that, but they almost never work out. I remember how a lot of people thought it was a massive overpay given what he was. Questioned the fit, etc. Honestly, I didn't think in any way that he was going to turn into the player that he did. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yes he was. One of the greatest free agent signings of all time for any franchise, particularly when it comes to "long term, big money deals". Sounds so bizarre to say that, but they almost never work out. I remember how a lot of people thought it was a massive overpay given what he was. Questioned the fit, etc. Honestly, I didn't think in any way that he was going to turn into the player that he did. 

A friend of mine is a bengals fan and was ranting and raving to me when we signed him that he was extremely strong and stout and that he was a PERFECT fit for the 3-4 DE. Boy was he right. 

That defense for a 2-3 year stretch was as good as any defense Ive ever seen in the NFL. our front 7 was UNREAL

someone give me an idea for a Garoppolo sign at the game.. @rudyZ whadya got for meeee

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

someone give me an idea for a Garoppolo sign at the game.. @rudyZ whadya got for meeee

Why am I suddenly a sign maker?! Am I creative or something?

All I can think of is not a sign, but a game for children in the swimming pool. Basically, it's Marco Polo, but you replace Marco by Garo.

A sign, a sign... I have no idea, man. 

43 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Why am I suddenly a sign maker?! Am I creative or something?

All I can think of is not a sign, but a game for children in the swimming pool. Basically, it's Marco Polo, but you replace Marco by Garo.

A sign, a sign... I have no idea, man. 

Hah I had the same idea. I wonder if the crowd will chant JIMMMY, JIMMMMY or Gara-polo when we make that 4th quarter comeback this week. 

You are the official funnyman of this forum. Make me laugh, funnyman. 

Im feeling Garoptimistic? 

A month ago, I couldnt give away tickets. Now two people who turned down tickets during the year have asked if I have any extras this week. NOPE

Archived