Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

6 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

And quite a few people on the 49ers has Broncos ties (Griese, Lynch, Shanahan, McCaffery, Lynn, etc)

All that was missing was some way for us to drag Philip Rivers into the whole ordeal.

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The win also happened to put the Chiefs at the top in terms of SB championships among AFC West teams.

Chiefs - 4
Broncos - 3
Raiders - 3
Chargers - 0of

And winning the west this year broke a four way tie for all time division wins. 

RVOJwe.gif

Edited by Chiefer

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

49ers need to press charges on Chris Jones for what he has done to them in two super bowls 

Not sure how popular this take is in the Kingdom, but I think I would rather resign Jones than Sneed if we can only keep one.

You have to feel for some of the Niners. I think of Kittle telling himself "I will be back here" after SB54 (and realistically there's only so much a TE can do) and it's like, you spend this four-year struggle fighting to get back to this moment and it's the exact same result against the same team. Gotta be demoralizing.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Not sure how popular this take is in the Kingdom, but I think I would rather resign Jones than Sneed if we can only keep one.

No chance that happens. Sneed is much younger and is (probably) going to get the tag and I'm not sure KC is going to pay Jones what he wants, which is near Donald money.

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I've gone back and forth. Jones is harder to replace because our DT depth is way worse than our CB depth, and we're obscenely good at finding and developing CBs. But Sneed is much younger and more likely to justify a long term deal.

I would love to keep both. I would be crazy confident about next year if we could keep those two plus Tranquil. But the long term cost would probably wind up being some of the OL not this offseason, but next offseason. You either can't pay some mix of Creed/Smith or you have to cut some combo Taylor/Thuney.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You have to feel for some of the Niners. I think of Kittle telling himself "I will be back here" after SB54 (and realistically there's only so much a TE can do) and it's like, you spend this four-year struggle fighting to get back to this moment and it's the exact same result against the same team. Gotta be demoralizing.

Now try having it happen 3 times before you could even get to the Super Bowl lmao.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

This 10 point lead was mid 2nd Q.  Much different than 10 point leads in 4th Q

By that logic I'm not sure his 10 point lead against the Rams should really count....we were driving at the end of the 3rd quarter and scored a TD immediately to start the 4th.

But the point remains  that he's had three 10 point leads in either the Super Bowl or NFCCG and lost them as a head coach. That's brutal no matter when the lead was.