Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

was Jones considered for MVP or co-mvp?

I don't think so. Until the offense kicked in late, I'm pretty sure the guys I saw get the most chatter were Jennings for San Fran, and McDuffie for KC.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

So that's less than 4.0 ypc. How is that good or effective?

So you think someone else wins yesterday? Because I have yet to hear a direct answer to the question you're avoiding:

So who beats Kansas City under yesterdays' circumstances? Dan Campbell? Matt LaFluer? Mike McCarthy? Todd Bowels? 

Because we already know the elite coaches in the AFC (McDermott, Harbaugh, Tomlin, McDaniel) can't. 

Leaving off McVay? Damn

I had this thought while watching the game....but I think McVay probably wins that game. Shanahan is a superior offensive mind/game planner/coach.

But I think McVay is a better head coach, and I trust him more in big games.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Coupled with a 1-30 record down 5 headed into the fourth quarter in his career, it’s reasonable to say he puckers. Can’t have it both ways.

When the "1" came two games ago in the divisional round, and that game was followed up by overcoming a 17 point halftime deficit in the NFCC, I think maybe you can.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Leaving off McVay? Damn

I had this thought while watching the game....but I think McVay probably wins that game. Shanahan is a superior offensive mind/game planner/coach.

But I think McVay is a better head coach, and I trust him more in big games.

McVay vs Spagz would be epic 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

For all talk of Purdy's super star cast - aside from defense - they let him down last night.

Drops, fumbles, didn't get open, didn't block well.

not Purdy's fault I guess but media  might say otherwise.  In these big games, everyone needs to play their best, especially going up against #15. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

not Purdy's fault I guess but media  might say otherwise.  In these big games, everyone needs to play their best, especially going up against #15. 

QBs get too much credit and too much blame sometimes.  

They weren't really stars of show last night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I thought Purdy played really well all game against a tough defense and led them on like 3 go ahead drives at the end of game. 

With that being said, I honestly think the errors in the big moments (sans the turnovers etc) were due to untouched blitzers and I wonder if that's in part due to Purdy.

Like, maybe he should have identified the blitzes better vs McDuffie + Jones running free on critical 3rd downs and adjusted the protection better? Or do we think the RT legit just went to lala land in OT?

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I thought Purdy played really well all game against a tough defense and led them on like 3 go ahead drives at the end of game. 

With that being said, I honestly think the errors in the big moments (sans the turnovers etc) were due to untouched blitzers and I wonder if that's in part due to Purdy.

Like, maybe he should have identified the blitzes better vs McDuffie + Jones running free on critical 3rd downs and adjusted the protection better? Or do we think the RT legit just went to lala land in OT?

McDuffie yes, he has to hit Aiyuk there. 

Jones, no. Not really anything he can do there because of the play. JJ is clearly first, and I would assume Deebo or Kittle second, and CMC third. There's no hot read there unless it's Kittle, but I can't imagine that is the case because he's a delay route.  Aiyuk seems like more of a clear in the tree. 

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

For all talk of Purdy's super star cast - aside from defense - they let him down last night.

Drops, fumbles, didn't get open, didn't block well.

Purdy looked like the same guy he was all year which is a pretty good thing. When he sat in a clean pocket he was pretty solid for the most part. He had his classic 2-3 boneheaded throws over the middle that could have been disasters and he made one great play on the throw on the sideline to the FB. He.... managed the game(please don't murder me but it is true).

The truth is the first three quarters of the game last night neither team played well at all. Yeah, the defenses played pretty well and they deserve credit, but both offenses were super sloppy and SF had ST struggles of course. Just ugly execution for both teams but they seemed to wake up in the 4th so that was good.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

McDuffie yes, he has to hit Aiyuk there. 

Jones, no. Not really anything he can do there because of the play. JJ is clearly first, and I would assume Deebo or Kittle second, and CMC third. There's no hot read there unless it's Kittle, but I can't imagine that is the case because he's a delay route.  Aiyuk seems like more of a clear in the tree. 

I was thinking more of an identifying the mike kind of situation, instead of post snap in both scenarios.

Like, it looked like the RT on the Jones play kicks out to pick up a guy who isn't there, letting CJ run by untouched. I wonder if that's the RT being an idiot or Purdy not adjusting the protection correctly.

I do think he might have known McDuffie was coming hot and just failed to get it past him, but McDuffie had a nice sell on the blitz by dropping back at the last second, so I could kind of go either way on that. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Purdy looked like the same guy he was all year which is a pretty good thing. When he sat in a clean pocket he was pretty solid for the most part. He had his classic 2-3 boneheaded throws over the middle that could have been disasters and he made one great play on the throw on the sideline to the FB. He.... managed the game(please don't murder me but it is true).

The truth is the first three quarters of the game last night neither team played well at all. Yeah, the defenses played pretty well and they deserve credit, but both offenses were super sloppy and SF had ST struggles of course. Just ugly execution for both teams but they seemed to wake up in the 4th so that was good.

I haven't seen all his games, but some.

I think generally speaking he throws with anticipation and accurately and processes concepts very well.   This is not nothing. 

Few people throw well with a guy in their face.  That is the point of trying to generate pressure.   

He has done this with very limited offseason reps, had to compete for a job twice and been badly injured - all in a very young career.

People in Chicago still say it is grossly unfair that Justin Fields is unlikely to get more development time with Bears past this draft.  But Purdy is expected to be 9th year Peyton Manning for some reason.  

Is he a star QB?  No.  Not yet.  But people routinely, unfairly downplay his achievements.

I believe this is mostly because of where he was drafted and because he is not an elite athlete. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Like, it looked like the RT on the Jones play kicks out to pick up a guy who isn't there, letting CJ run by untouched. I wonder if that's the RT being an idiot or Purdy not adjusting the protection correctly.

The belief is that the RG actually messed up here. 

Wouldn't be the first time for Burford. Long history of screwing up protections 

• Like 1