Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

1 minute ago, Forge said:
  1. Right side of the line
  2. Defensive line
  3. Secondary corner

I think I'd probably go with offensive line first, Mckivitz was really freaking bad....but the defensive line needs help 

I don't think we need corner help tbh. Our starting two are very good and the team has high hopes for Luter. 

RT/RG/edge/LB

Gibson may retire and Hufanga may not be ready to start the season so getting another safety would be nice. 

Just now, Forge said:
  1. Right side of the line
  2. Defensive line
  3. Secondary corner

I think I'd probably go with offensive line first, Mckivitz was really freaking bad....but the defensive line needs help 

Will be interesting to see which (if any) free agent DL get resigned. Young, Ferrell, Givens, Kinlaw, and SJD are all free agents. Drake Jackson's health and motor are big question marks. Armstead's contract is massive. Might have to rebuild the DL depth.

And I agree that corner is a pressing need that isn't being talked about enough. Ward, Lenoir, and Thomas will all be in the final season of their contracts. Womack and Luter are question marks. Oliver might get cut due to his salary.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't care what we end up with. We damn near won every game by double figures this season and that screwed the pass/run numbers. It was obvious all season that Kyle used the pass to set up the run and not the other way around. 

Meh, I have to push back on that a little.

Kyle switched up when teams stared bringing that 5-D-Lineman in to slow down the run game.

He adapted becasue he needed to.

Not necessarily becasue that's who he is, at his core.

Our passing concepts and structure is built off the run game.

Our dropback game isn't as unquie or layered as others.

Our running game however, is though.

That tells me all I need to know in what Shanny really believes wins games.

He had to match Mahomes and I get it.

But the run game shoud have been leaned on more, ealry in the 2nd half imo.

How we started overtime and march down the field off the run should have been how we started off the 3rd quarter.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think we need corner help tbh. Our starting two are very good and the team has high hopes for Luter. 

RT/RG/edge/LB

Gibson may retire and Hufanga may not be ready to start the season so getting another safety would be nice. 

I think we'll get corner help because I don't think Oliver is back next year and I think Womack is not going to be a thing based on being inactive. 

Thomas has had a weird career and if you told me he was the starter next year but also told me that he didn't make the 53, both would not shock me lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

RT/RG/edge/LB

Yeah, I wonder if Gibson or Ryan will be back. I guess it depends on their plan with Brown. If Hufanga and Brown are penciled in as starters, does Gibson even want to come back? Likewise, would SF even consider Gibson an ideal 3rd safety, being as he doesn't really play special teams? (I guess he could play special teams and maybe even well, but he hasn't for SF yet.)

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, I have to push back on that a little.

Kyle switched up when teams stared bringing that 5-D-Lineman in to slow down the run game.

He adapted becasue he needed to.

Not necessarily becasue that's who he is, at his core.

Our passing concepts and structure is built off the run game.

Our dropback game isn't as unquie or layered as others.

Our running game however, is though.

That tells me all I need to know in what Shanny really believes wins games.

He had to match Mahomes and I get it.

But the run game shoud have been leaned on more, ealry in the 2nd half imo.

How we started overtime and march down the field off the run should have been how we started off the 3rd quarter.

Against the Cardinals with a 28/24 pass/run ratio, yet at point there was a 20/10 pass/run ratio when the game was put away. Many games went that way all season. Look at the postseason, clear pass first team. Shanny still runs the ball more than most but this isn't a Jimmy G led offense anymore. He used the shotgun with the spread far more than he ever has. 

The big mistake Kyle makes against these blitz heavy teams is trying to utilize the PA. That's why Spags and Schwartz do so well against this offense. They don't fall for that at all and play man coverage with their corners. That killed a few drives. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we'll get corner help because I don't think Oliver is back next year and I think Womack is not going to be a thing based on being inactive. 

Thomas has had a weird career and if you told me he was the starter next year but also told me that he didn't make the 53, both would not shock me lol 

Womack could atill be a thing.

Just look @Thomas and his place on the depth chart this time last year.

But I think we'll always bring in CB help or be in the market for one becasue that just seems to be a position where we seem to get snake-bitten alot as far as injuries.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The big mistake Kyle makes against these blitz heavy teams is trying to utilize the PA. That's why Spags and Schwartz do so well against this offense. They don't fall for that at all and play man coverage with their corners. That killed a few drives. 

Dude, that one boot play? I was very confused LOL 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think we grab one in free agency or the draft but just not a pressing need to me. I really don't care about anything but the OL and an edge rusher lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Womack could atill be a thing.

Just look @Thomas and his place on the depth chart this time last year.

But I think we'll always bring in CB help or be in the market for one becasue that just seems to be a position where we seem to get snake-bitten alot as far as injuries.

He could still be a thing, but it's clear that they don't trust him that much. He's even an excellent special teams player and they were still making him inactive down the stretch. 

I'm with @J-ALL-DAY that I do believe they are high on Luter though. 

Maybe Luter v Thomas is something they are happy with, but I'm very high on signing an older vet CB at like the vet minimum and seeing if I can squeeze something out. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I think we grab one in free agency or the draft but just not a pressing need to me. I really don't care about anything but the OL and an edge rusher lol. 

Long developing plays don't work against blitz heavy teams that play man coverage against our receivers. That's one adjustment I'd like to see him make going forward.